“Poor communication”

GreenLeadersGold level
Calabasas, California
“Poor communication”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife & I spent one night there in June 2014. The hotel was fine, albeit the food in restaurant a bit overpriced. My main complaint was that when I booked this property, I was sent an e-mail with instructions on how to find the hotel shuttle at the airport. We spent over 1 hour trying to find it to no avail and finally had to pay 28 Euro to have a cab take us the 2 miles to the hotel. Upon checking in, we were told that the shuttle instructions had changed but no one ever advised us about this. If they had, it could have saved me not only 28 Euro but the time we spent looking for it. This was not the way to treat your guests.

3 Thank Jerry B
HGIRA, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. thank you for your constructive and detailed comment, I really apologise for the lack of communication, actually the service has been changed last 1st of April and we have sent a mailing to all guest who had a reservation to our Hotel. We have updated our website with new instructions and we have also posted some extra info at the old shuttle stop at the Airport how to reach the new stops. We will continue to work on this aspect in order to improve our performance, I hope we can have another chance to meet you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. Thank you for staying with us!

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Defiance, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

A one stay here awaiting US flight, mobbed with folks and its a large facility. Be Warned, you are a distance from anything! Hotel restaraunt is reasonable, decent bar. Shuttle bus to airport takes 15 minutes - make sure youunderstand what terminal you are going through, U.S. flights go through T5 then depart from T3 - your security checkin is at T5! Overall clean, reasonable room, good TV, good bathroom, and temperature will cool down.

3 Thank Hobietim
HGIRA, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you had an overall positive experience in our Hotel. Your comment is very important for us. Thank you for staying with us!

Washington DC, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is located about a mile from the airport but you can get to the hotel for free via the airport shuttle bus. Look for a sign near the taxi stand. For departing US travelers, the bus also takes you from the hotel directly to Terminal 5. So you don't have to get off at Terminal 3.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Michael K
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you had an overall positive experience in out Hotel, thank you for the constructive comment, we will use it to improve our performance. Thank you for staying with us!

Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I booked the hotel because it was near to the airport and need to catch early morning flight. I was fully satisfied with the hotel and service for which I have paid. Will also think to book same hotel again when in Rome or other places

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you had an overall positive experience in out Hotel, thank you for the constructive comment and for expressing your preference to our Hotel in the Future. Thank you for staying with us!

Kennesaw
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Last time we were in Rome we stayed at the Hilton right at the airport and was very disappointed. This time we thought we would try their other one - the Garden Inn - and not much better.
Had a rental car so was easily able to find it but as we found out later, using the shuttle bus was an ABSOLUTE nightmare. There are no signs, nobody seemed to know how to find the shuttle!!! In the end it was pure luck that somebody who worked at the airport happened to be passing and knew. Once on board it slowly meaders around the complete airport site eventually getting to the airport - the journey back is just as exciting!! Accept of course you know where to board it.
The room was as we expected but at check in we were "convinced" of the breakfast deal - a majot saving on the regular price. Next morning, constrained by time, we went down and followed directions - waited to be seated but nobody came, the coffee was cold, the scambled eggs were liquid, the bacon dry and stuck together. The fruit and cold buffet seemed OK but by then time was running out.
When we complained at checkout we were met with, "Sorry to hear that, shall we leave it on your visa card?" Have been advised after complaing through the HHoners people that my credit card will be credited BUT that is the very least I was expecting - where were the 2 million points as a sweetner???

Room Tip: If you have to stay at the airport you don't have too many choices - if you can stay elsewhere t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and for staying in our Hotel.
I am certainly disappointed if your experience was below expectations and I apologise about that. Your experience falls way below our standards and I'm sorry if we couldn't manage while you were in our Hotel. With this information I can investigate what fell through and ensure it won’t happen again.
I hope we can have another chance to meet you again in our Hotel in the future.

West Windsor, NJ, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel room was very nice. The hotel location is convenient as it is very close to the airport. The airport shuttle service was very helpful. The front desk staff was slow to act . The hotel staff did not seem very friendly. The service by the restaurant staff was inadequate and unfriendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I apologise if your experience was not fully satisfactory.I am certainly disappointed by the lack of friendliness you experienced in our Hotel. Your experience falls way below our standards. Please reach out to me personally at simone.iovacchini@hilton.com with your check in date and confirmation number. With this information I can investigate what fell through in the cleaning process of your room and ensure it won’t happen again. Thank you for staying with us!

Mobile,AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at this property for one night last month. We chose this property because we were interested in staying near FCO before our flight back to the U.S. the following morning. We could not have been more pleased with this decision.
The shuttle bus to the hotel is easily found by looking for the "Airport Shuttle" signs on both levels of the terminals. The buses that take you to the hotel are large multi-colored buses that have "Easy Parking" designations on them. The bus stops for these buses are across the first lanes of traffic as you exit the terminal. I'd advise you to look at this Hilton Garden Inn web site before you arrive to identify the nearest bus stop to where you are arriving at FCO. There is no charge for this most convenient shuttle service.
Our check in was seamless & speedy with very attentive front desk staff. Our room was spacious, clean and everything was in great working order. The bathroom had a tub as well as a shower. The room was quiet despite being so close to FCO. The beds were comfortable. The wi-fi in the room was fast and easily accessed.
The business center had three computers that were fast. I never had to wait to access my e-mails.
There is an open and inviting main lobby area of this hotel that was quite welcoming. There is a large bar area that looked inviting but we did not visit this area during our brief stay. As other reviewers have noted this hotel is not within walking distance of other restaurants. My wife and I were very positively impressed with the dinners we had in the hotel's restaurant on the night of our stay. We both had fresh green salads that were well prepared and tasty. We both opted for pasta dishes as our entrees and they were delicious. Our server was most helpful and courteous and was most attentive throughout the meal. My wife & I both thought that our salads & pasta dishes were reasonably priced. I had noted that a number of prior reviewers had given "two thumbs up" to the dinner fare here and I agree with this assessment.
Neither of us ate breakfast prior to catching the shuttle back to FCO so we can't assess the quality of the breakfast options.
It appeared to me that there is a great "culture" among all the staff that I had interactions with during this short stay. Everyone I interacted with seemed genuinely interested in making certain that my stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you had an overall positive experience in out Hotel, I will definitely share your detailed comment with the team in order to praise them for the good job done. I hope we can have another chance to meet you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. Thank you for staying with us!