“Good Experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I booked the hotel because it was near to the airport and need to catch early morning flight. I was fully satisfied with the hotel and service for which I have paid. Will also think to book same hotel again when in Rome or other places

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIRA, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you had an overall positive experience in out Hotel, thank you for the constructive comment and for expressing your preference to our Hotel in the Future. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Last time we were in Rome we stayed at the Hilton right at the airport and was very disappointed. This time we thought we would try their other one - the Garden Inn - and not much better.
Had a rental car so was easily able to find it but as we found out later, using the shuttle bus was an ABSOLUTE nightmare. There are no signs, nobody seemed to know how to find the shuttle!!! In the end it was pure luck that somebody who worked at the airport happened to be passing and knew. Once on board it slowly meaders around the complete airport site eventually getting to the airport - the journey back is just as exciting!! Accept of course you know where to board it.
The room was as we expected but at check in we were "convinced" of the breakfast deal - a majot saving on the regular price. Next morning, constrained by time, we went down and followed directions - waited to be seated but nobody came, the coffee was cold, the scambled eggs were liquid, the bacon dry and stuck together. The fruit and cold buffet seemed OK but by then time was running out.
When we complained at checkout we were met with, "Sorry to hear that, shall we leave it on your visa card?" Have been advised after complaing through the HHoners people that my credit card will be credited BUT that is the very least I was expecting - where were the 2 million points as a sweetner???

Room Tip: If you have to stay at the airport you don't have too many choices - if you can stay elsewhere t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and for staying in our Hotel.
I am certainly disappointed if your experience was below expectations and I apologise about that. Your experience falls way below our standards and I'm sorry if we couldn't manage while you were in our Hotel. With this information I can investigate what fell through and ensure it won’t happen again.
I hope we can have another chance to meet you again in our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel room was very nice. The hotel location is convenient as it is very close to the airport. The airport shuttle service was very helpful. The front desk staff was slow to act . The hotel staff did not seem very friendly. The service by the restaurant staff was inadequate and unfriendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I apologise if your experience was not fully satisfactory.I am certainly disappointed by the lack of friendliness you experienced in our Hotel. Your experience falls way below our standards. Please reach out to me personally at simone.iovacchini@hilton.com with your check in date and confirmation number. With this information I can investigate what fell through in the cleaning process of your room and ensure it won’t happen again. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at this property for one night last month. We chose this property because we were interested in staying near FCO before our flight back to the U.S. the following morning. We could not have been more pleased with this decision.
The shuttle bus to the hotel is easily found by looking for the "Airport Shuttle" signs on both levels of the terminals. The buses that take you to the hotel are large multi-colored buses that have "Easy Parking" designations on them. The bus stops for these buses are across the first lanes of traffic as you exit the terminal. I'd advise you to look at this Hilton Garden Inn web site before you arrive to identify the nearest bus stop to where you are arriving at FCO. There is no charge for this most convenient shuttle service.
Our check in was seamless & speedy with very attentive front desk staff. Our room was spacious, clean and everything was in great working order. The bathroom had a tub as well as a shower. The room was quiet despite being so close to FCO. The beds were comfortable. The wi-fi in the room was fast and easily accessed.
The business center had three computers that were fast. I never had to wait to access my e-mails.
There is an open and inviting main lobby area of this hotel that was quite welcoming. There is a large bar area that looked inviting but we did not visit this area during our brief stay. As other reviewers have noted this hotel is not within walking distance of other restaurants. My wife and I were very positively impressed with the dinners we had in the hotel's restaurant on the night of our stay. We both had fresh green salads that were well prepared and tasty. We both opted for pasta dishes as our entrees and they were delicious. Our server was most helpful and courteous and was most attentive throughout the meal. My wife & I both thought that our salads & pasta dishes were reasonably priced. I had noted that a number of prior reviewers had given "two thumbs up" to the dinner fare here and I agree with this assessment.
Neither of us ate breakfast prior to catching the shuttle back to FCO so we can't assess the quality of the breakfast options.
It appeared to me that there is a great "culture" among all the staff that I had interactions with during this short stay. Everyone I interacted with seemed genuinely interested in making certain that my stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you had an overall positive experience in out Hotel, I will definitely share your detailed comment with the team in order to praise them for the good job done. I hope we can have another chance to meet you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I checked into this hotel as part of a tour group. The entrance of the hotel is airy and modern. However it lacks the luxury feel factor of the other Hiltons.
We were given the ground floor room. The room was clean and fairly spacious with a view of the side of the hotel. There was facilities to make tea and coffee which was nice.
There was a mini kiosk by the entrance of the hotel which is a touch as there was no other shops as far I could see within walking distance.
We had breakfast at the ground floor restaurant. The selection was good and very adequate to set one up for a day.
Overall, this is a great airport hotel for those who need to be near the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you had an overall positive experience in out Hotel, thank you for your constructive and detailed comment, I hope we can have another chance to meet you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We chose this hotel because of comparing the rating on the Tripadvisor.com After we checked in we took the free shuttle back and forth to the airport to see how much time do we need to go to the airport for the next morning flight. We found it was a good choice because there are 5 terminals in the airport, T1-T5. Taking the shuttle can be easy because they come every 12 minutes and to get to the airport only take 12 minutes if you are going to the T1. Room was comfortable and clean, however the front desk staff had some attitude which made us felt not very comfortable. On the date we checked out, there was a customer jelling at the front desk staff and slamming the counter but spoke in Italian so we didn't know what happened.

Room Tip: Ask for the room that near the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HGIRA, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you had an overall positive experience in out Hotel, thank you for the constructive comment, I apologise if the Front desk did not made you feel comfortable, I will share the comment with the supervisor in order to investigate and avoid the same problem for the future. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

What you want from an airport hotel is a comfortable, easy stay with some nice food and good cable tv. This hotel ticks all those boxes and set us up for 24 hours of travel back to Australia. A nice feature is the mini-shop near reception with chocolate, wine, ice-cream etc...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you had an overall positive experience in out Hotel, I hope we can have another chance to meet you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. Thank you for staying with us!