“Good airport hotel experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Fiumicino
GreenLeadersGold level
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
“Good airport hotel experience”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Public areas were modern and clean. guest room was small but well equipped and appointed. Foam mattresses at first appeared comfortable but after sleeping over night realized that more and firmer support needed. Dinner in the restaurant exceeded are low expectations for an airport hotel which is good because there is no other dining option outside the hotel. Good morning bus shuttle service to terminals.

Room Tip: Try the Top floor because all the rooms have no carpet so you can hear spike healed walkers.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HGIRA, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. thank you for your constructive and detailed comment, I really appreciate your feedback we will continue to work to keep the standards up to expectations. I hope we can have another chance to meet you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. Thank you for staying with us!

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Detroit, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel experience was great, clean room, nice staff, etc. The internet, both wired and wi-fi, were absurdly slow. After eating dinner, we watched a mouse walk into the kitchen. We told our server, who told her manager, he showed little concern and actually made a joke about it in the morning.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIRA, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am glad to hear that your overall experience with us was great and I would like to apologise about the unpleasant episode in the Restaurant.
I have carefully read your comment and I wanted to reassure you about the Health & Safety and pest control procedures we strictly follow in our Hotel.
We are fully committed to maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene, which we struggled very hard to ensure, being the hotel located in a green area, surrounded by trees and green fields.
Further to your report, I was immediately informed about this issue and took the corrective actions as per our internal procedure.
I understand that the whole episode might have spoiled your experience and once again I sincerely apologize.
I really hope we will have another chance to welcome you in our hotel, should your plans bring you back to Rome.

Brockton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Well I stayed there for one night as a layover. The room was nice and comfortable. In the morning took a shower, the door wouldn't close and the whole bathroom flooded after the shower. I told the front desk, and they knew this problem, it was room 507. They shouldn't put people in rooms that was not working, with the Hilton name, I expected better. The breakfast was great. Free shuttle to airport was nice.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
HGIRA, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is really important, I really apologise about this issue, we will immediately take action to fix this problem. I hope we can have another chance to meet you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our family room was very nice and well appointed. The room w/ sofa bed had a half bath, and there was a good door separating the two rooms. Very clean. Good dining room with good service. Airport shuttle appears to have been operated by a contractor who serviced other parking areas at FCO so bus was crowded in the early morning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. thank you for your positive comment,we feel happy to receive such a nice feedback, I hope we can have another chance to meet you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. Thank you for staying with us!

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hilton Garden Airport uses the shared shuttle service at the airport which is free but can take almost 30 minuets to get to the hotel because of all of the stops. The room was clean and nice but the restaurant prices were too high for the value. Convenient and nice but nothing special.

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. thank you for your constructive comment, I'm glad your experience was overall satisfactory, we will continue to work to improve our perfomance in all areas of the Hotel. I hope we can have another chance to meet you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. Thank you for staying with us!

Glendora, California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I chose this place because we had a late flight in and it was only our first visit to Rome (I didn't want to have to stress over transportation). This hotel sits very close to the airport and it is on the free airport shuttle route (look for easy parking sign on shuttle buses-Hilton will be second to last stop from arrival terminal zone).
While far from the heart of Rome, the shuttle service takes you to and from the airport and from there you can take trains directly into Rome (recommend exiting shuttle at departure terminals 3 & 5 for closest reach to train station). Depending on which train you take (and how much you want to pay) it can take 30 mins to 1hr + to get to main area of Rome.
Room was basic and clean. Free Wifi. Air conditioning, which was not really adjustable beyond fan control. Staff approachable and friendly. Breakfast in the restaurant was extremely overpriced with poor quality options and limited choices, inattentive staff- had to ask multiple times for their food/juice/water bars to be restocked. If I had another option, I would have gone elsewhere for food. All in all, I would consider staying at this hotel on future visits, mainly for its closeness to the airport and free shuttle (would have given 3.5 stars if it was possible).

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. thank you for your constructive and detailed comment, it will help us a lot to improve our performance. I hope we can have another chance to meet you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. Thank you for staying with us!

Keizer, Oregon
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at the HGI Rome Fiumicino Airport for 3 nights waiting for my Celebrity cruise to the Greek Islands and Turkey. The hotel was great, clean, modern with very nice large rooms. The bed was King size and I received a room on the high floor as I had requested. The lady that works in the evening named Alessia (hopefully I spelled that correctly) was perfectly helpful. She showed me how to take the train to Vatican City and provided a map of Rome. She helped me get a new room key when I misplaced mine and was very helpful in other ways. I just came off a Queen Mary II cruise and this wonderful pretty lady made me feel like I was still being "cruise spoiled"! Hilton properties are usually just perfect and it's people like this that make it so. We ate outside on the first night since we arrived late and the restaurant was closing but the bar was open. The pizza was just perfect as was our server. The breakfast each day was marvelous as was the manager that is there bright and early as well as seeing him late in the evening as the restaurant and bar were closing. all in all a great experience not only because of the beautiful hotel but mainly the great service from all the staff. Thanks HGI staff!

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. thank you for your positive and detailed comment, I will definitely praise Alessia for the good performance and the rest of the team. Thank you! I hope we can have another chance to meet you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. Thank you for staying with us!