We stayed here twice in August, before and after a cruise, having previously stayed here a few years ago.
The hotel free shuttle has been replaced by the Airport free shuttle bus that predominantly services the car parks.
To find the bus stop DO NOT head towards the sign that says hotel transport; the bust stop is directly out the front of terminal 3, where we arrived, in a specifically marked parking area.
This hotel is the last stop from the airport and first stop returning to the airport; the return trip can take over 15 minutes so don't leave yourself short of time for check-in which takes forever.
On our 1st stay we had left a small parcel of wine and olive oil that we did not want to carry to and from the ship.
We arrived at the hotel around 11am to be told, quite brusquely, that we could not check in until 3pm and we had to leave our luggage in a storage room; she didn't even bother to check if any rooms were available!
When we got back at 3pm to check in, after visiting the local and large Leonardo shopping mall, accessed by shuttle back to the airport then a local train, the clerk remembered we'd left the parcel and said she would get it after completing check-in.
The check-in process was tedious to say the least. The clerk was a trainee, as per her name badge, and spent minutes simply staring at her monitor.
Out of frustration we asked her to please get someone to assist her, which finally happened.
It then took almost 10 minutes for the staff to ask my wife for assistance to find the left parcel; clearly marked with our name highlighted.
The room allocated, facing away from the airport was quite adequate however we found the bed too soft for us.
As HHonours members we received free wi-fi that operated quite well; better in fact than it did in the public areas of the hotel.
Before dinner we met with the Duty Manager to go through our concerns about the initial attempt to check in early, and subsequent delay in checking in, and thanked us for bringing the matters to his attention. As a form of compensation we were offered a free meal in the hotel restaurant; something that was not necessary but well appreciated.
The hotel restaurant meal was quite adequate; nothing special.
Were it not for his involvement and interest our rating would have been average.
We made the point, and he agreed, that check-in staff needed better training in dealing with guests because they are the first contact a guest has with a hotel and from there form an opinion about the establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located on the Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino airport platform in front of Cargo City. A complimentary Airport Shuttle service is provided from the hotel to/from the airport from 5 AM to 1 AM. The service is operated by a yellow, Orange, Blue & Green Bus with "Easy Parking" Logos on both sides. Please look for "Airport Shuttle" Signs. Free wi-fi Internet access is available throughout the hotel and free 24-hour Business Centre with high speed Internet access and remote printing facilities. All 282 guestrooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport have modern decor and soundproofed windows. Each includes a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Self-adjusting Garden Sleep System beds with duvets and ergonomic Mirra chair. In-room safe, individual climate control, reading lamps, two telephones and tea and coffee making facilities. This is 100% non smoking Hotel. For guests who smokes the Hotel has designed smoking areas outside the building to accommodate their needs. There is a room recovery fee of 150 €uro for guests who do not comply in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring guest rooms to a smoke-free condition. On-site restaurant serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and offering traditional Italian/International cuisine and a Lounge Bar featuring plasma screens and offering cocktails, sandwiches, salads and more. Guests can use the microwave room to prepare ready-to-cook meals sold at Pavilion Pantry shop. The hotel is a 2-minute drive from the A91 Highway for easy connections to the EUR business district. Trains to Fiera Roma and central Rome leave from the airport train station, and the ride takes around 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Hotel Fiumicino
- Hilton Garden Inn Fiumicino
- Fiumicino Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Fiumicino
- Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Fiumicino