“Awesome ...close as you'll get to TGIFridays in USA” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sheng XiaMei Shi XiuXian Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 423 Restaurants in Changzhou
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Summer is positioned in the center of changzhou. In the same building as place with the downtown pizza hut. It is the best place in changzhou for international food. very popular for expats and foreigners in the area.
Henan Province China
“Awesome ...close as you'll get to TGIFridays in USA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Restaurant is tucked away inside the corridors of a shopping center so cant be seen from the street so maybe helpful to call for landmarks. Went for dinner on a Friday evening about 630pm. Promptly seated. Appetizers : Onion Rings homemade not frozen...be sure to tell them if you don't want ketchup as they squirt it all over before bringing to the table. Fries...self explanatory. Spinach dip... lacking a bit but decent flavor this is probably frozen or many substituted ingredients thin runny. American Fried Chicken--taste homemade and not pre-breaded frozen. looking like chicken breast cut and hand breaded.
Entrees: BBQ Chicken- its a whole chicken for only 58 with 2 sides ! Great flavor . Too much for one person. Jack Daniels ribs ...DELICIOUS truly fork tender and bone slides right out . we did a large also comes with 2 sides. The also do free refills on Coke, Sprite ,Fanta ...a RARE find in China ...nice. I would definitely be back I think we spent less than 300 rmb fed 3 adults and 2 kids

• Visited June 2014

South Florida, Florida
“One of the best western restaurants in China”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Both my husband and I go to Summer restaurant every week, the food is really good, tasty, big and they also have a variety of food. From Hamburgers (HUGE), delicious ribs, steak, pastas, pizza, desserts and good drinks.
The staff is really nice, well most of them and the Owner Eric is an amazing person.
We wanted to do some weekly gatherings and he allowed us to use a private room they have on the second floor fro free, never charged us a penny for it.
We love this restaurant and recommend it to anyone in Changzhou that wants to eat good western food and good I forgot to mention great value for your money!

• Visited November 2013
Changzhi, China
“A common occurrence”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have been to Summers many times and have slowly been more and more disappointed with the service and food. The food has gotten really oily and is either overcooked quesadillas or under cooked burgers. Staff there are also very inexperienced and managers are very childish throwing and kicking things if customers complain. Never going back again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
“Good + Varied Menu / BIG Servings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

I have eaten at Summer Restaurant, Department Store Shopping Center, in Changzhou three times in past six (6) weeks. So I am a fan. First time there a local family hosted me, second visit was on my own and last time I took a local family as my guests. In time order, I have dined on Italian pasta, lamb chops with mashed potato and then shared entrées of 2 chicken dishes, small snags + more. My main meal was a large steak which was pretty much okay. Whilst I ate my friends had their enormous hamburgers, pizzas and caesar waffle wraps. As regard to the wrap, I was told that filling was definitely substantial + tasty but actual flatbread didn’t seem all that fresh. The upstairs tables are best. Bread rolls are supposedly complementary but these don’t come unless diners specifically request. Then if you also want butter, dinners need to ask again but probably worth the effort. I have said ‘probably worth the effort’ because most meals served are ample size to enormous; so sometimes I may accordingly decide to go without the bread rolls.

• Visited April 2013
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Great portions, great prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Love the HUGE hamburgers and chicken burgers. Personally, I love the salads the most. Fresh and tasty. Good variety of foods cooked western style and great prices. Sometimes is too crowded and need to sit on 2nd floor which is not as desirable as the first. Most of the staff is friendly, but service can be slow at times.

Visited October 2012