US$106
Trip.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$43/night.

TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom servicesit downroom keyjapanese restaurantmain restaurantbreakfast buffetnice staynon smoking roomfitness roomyogurtplatinumguestschinacitypropertiesbusinesslounge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The stay was good overall but:

1) I order room service at 10:20pm. At 11pm they called me back to say there is no food whatsoever available in hotel on that evening because kitchen is being cleaned. The only choice offered was instant noodles. I asked for anything else like cake, salad, fruits - nothing available. Eventually I asked about yoghurt. Got it, although peach, when they asked me what flavour I want and I said plain. Then charged me 19.6rmb for it. I am glad I was not very hungry and I could wait till next day.
The girl on phone was sweet though, she was trully concerned, she said she have fought with kitchen (that's why it tool so long to get back to me) and she was very sorry about it. I am happy with her help.

2) I ordered non- smoking room. At checkin they still asked me what room do I want.

3) No SPG recognition. I was told I have no breakfast. I had to remind them I am SPG Platinum member, only then they admited it includes breakfast. Though they didn't even consider possible room upgrade.

4) My towel was completely falling apart (fraying all around the edges) and it looked like they wanna use it until it's completely worn off.

On upside - gym was neat.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Online W, Manager at Sheraton Changzhou Wujin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your living experience with us. First of all, we would like to sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience at hotel. After investigation we learned about that the kitchen needed to be cleaned up that evening which caused in room dining was out of service. Our management have duly noted this incident and our entire Food and Beverage team will look into the matter closely.
As for the check in, please comprehend that according to the standard and working process, we need to double check with guest about the room type although we have knew.
We are sorry for your encounter with our colleagues as an SPG Platinum member, and please be rest assured that we will look into bringing up our level of service to where it should be.
Nevertheless, we are very grateful of your comment and thank you for taking the valuable time to share your candid feedback with us. It's a valuable learning tool for us to further improve ourselves. We hope to have another chance to welcoming you back to Sheraton Changzhou Wujin Hotel.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Honestly can't say a lot negative or positive about this hotel - it was pretty much as to be expected for a ~5 year old Sheraton. Everything was in good shape, clean, etc.

Couple of observations:
- Double-check where you need to be in Changzhou - this property is very much in the southwest of the city. At least for me I experienced pretty minimal traffic and ~30 minute taxis (~30 kuai) to more of the city center. There are of course more centrally located properties...
- When checking in a second attendant waited to try and take my picture - apparently they do this for all X guests? (loyalty members / Platinum?). They said the goal was to recognize guests when they came back. In stays at ~150 different Starwood properties, I've never seen this before...
- If you wouldn't expect so already, I can confirm - skip the lounge breakfast and go to the main restaurant. They were setup when I arrived in the lounge, but still seemed surprised to see me - and had to pull the plastic off the food. The server initially told me there was no coffee, to which I got somewhat confused...but he to his credit resolved it well by going down to the restaurant to get a coffee for me. I probably should have gone down too :)

So if you happen to be in Changzhou and the location is conveneint - a good dependable premium-brand Western choice...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Online W, Manager at Sheraton Changzhou Wujin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your feelings and experience with us. It is wonderful to know you had taken the pleasure to enjoy your relaxing time and hotel location.
We would like to share your comments among our service team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Changzhou Wujin very soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A very beautiful hotel,breakfast and dinner buffet is fantastic, various foods of different countries’ styles, especially the local foods are delicious and specific. warm-hearted waitress and very kind chef! Very handsome waiter in the Japanese restaurant,and fresh fish and meat there! Like the drunk crab in the Chinese restaurant best,and the nice,warm,smiling lady in black is impressive .a very happy stay in this hotel,all my family like here very much,will be back again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
Online W, Manager at Sheraton Changzhou Wujin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Nice view,close to Yancheng Safari,room size and facilities are comfortable. Staff service is well trained. Everyone is polite and helpful. Breakfast selection is various. My kid likes kids garden very munch. Great Experience for family traveling.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
Online W, Manager at Sheraton Changzhou Wujin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Great accommodation with ample rooms and great service. Big buffet for western breakfast and private rooms for a business meeting enjoying great Asian food and excellent wines. It has fitness room and nice 2nd floor pool table bar with area for cigar fans.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Online W, Manager at Sheraton Changzhou Wujin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017