“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A lovely location marred by average food and slow service. It took an hour from when our order was taken until our main course arrived. Except for saying "it happens", the wait staff were total unresponsive to our plight and when the food did arrive it was only average.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Me and mia ragazza had just a perfect dinner at Gli Archi. Great location and atmosphere. They made a mixed seafood antpasti-"platter" that was just superb. As maincourse we had fish (Marmora) cooked in the oven with tomatoes and basil. The fish was a little expensive but we really thougt it was worth the price. The staff was excellent, service superb and food excellent.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We visited Gli Archi for lunch. The told us that they did not do outside service for lunch, we had to sit inside. They even turned on the air condition, wich was very nice with temperature rising to 35 c. Food was very good (stuffed zucchini flowers is worth a try!). Service was good, and with a smile. Decent wine list, good selection of Lazio wines. A good restaurant, but nothing exceptional.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was at Gli Archi for the first time in 2012 and left with a great memory of their superb tagliolini with moscardini. I returned this year and tagliolini were still fully up to expectations !
The quality of the food definitely compensates not having a sea view, although the setting in a courtyard along the stairs of an alley is pictoresque and authentic.
Good service. Prices are not low, even if compared to other restaurants in Sperlonga the quality/price ratio is by far the best in town. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Having eaten here a year ago, I remembered this as a good restaurant in a nice location in a quite alleyway. Well the location hasn't changed, the food is good but no longer exceptional, but whether due to the recession or pure opportunism they seem to now have more focus on as making as much more out of the less customers as possible. The prices are higher but onebthing that left a sour taste in my mouth is the bill I received for the fish of the day for my main course-38 euros!!! I thought it was a mistake and even went to ask afterwards, but was told hey it's 7 Euro (....per 100g)- hey I'm the stupid tourist. But I won't be going there ever again. You're warned....

2  Thank Greg M
antperdicchia, Proprietario at Gli Archi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

dear customer, if you can not read is not my fault, she can not afford to say that we are a tourist trap but in your opinion,how does a fish cost only € 7, learn to read !!!!!