1,415 results
All reviews sole snack bar quiet pool la cinta beach kids club ice cream pizza shuttle bus evening entertainment main restaurant hotel beach young children salad soft drinks buffet restaurant plastic cups small children
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoying our stay and can safely say that travelling as a couple to a family hotel is no problem whatsoever. Accommodation excellent. Food excellent. All staff polite, friendly and ready to help. TUI staff excellent with the children and adults alike. There are loads of activities throughout the day and the entertainment brilliant and of a quality I have seen in theatres. Food delicious and can recommend the sparkling wine . My only bug bear is the universal towels on empty sunbeds waiting for occupants. Don't want to go home but I suppose I'd better. Well done and for us good value for money. Weather fantastic.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beezyh2015
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel has apparently been refurbished last year according to the TUI info - definitely not the case with our room! The plaster was peeling off the wall in the bathroom & we had some weird crawling / flying ant type things there every morning when we got up.

The food is poor - most meat was tough & even one piece of fish I had was almost solid!
We lived on salad which was very good & other fish on offer.

The restaurant staff were too quick to clear your plate before you had even finished - my mum had a mouthful of pizza with another slice on her plate & the waiter tried to take her plate away! They should have spent more time clearing up the mess under high chairs left by all the screaming babies. There were bits of pizza etc all over the floor.

The wine in the restaurant was horrible & warm - we had to put sprite in ours to make it drinkable! At breakfast there was never enough English Breakfast Tea , always had to ask cos just loads of infused stuff & Earl Grey.

We booked the al la carte restaurant -The Taverna - awful! A set menu done on the bbq - all really tough meat - we didn’t eat any of it. There was a fish option but as we were eating that every night in the main restaurant we thought we’d try the meat.

There was thankfully a relaxation pool but the kids even infiltrated that - however there was one female lifeguard who was brilliant at telling people to keep their kids quiet or leave & enforced the no inflatables rule which was brill as the size of some of the things allowed in the main pool was ridiculous - I’m surprised there was any space for any kids!

Excursion wise - don’t bother to go to the beach at San Teodoro unless it’s out of season - it was packed on the Monday in the middle of June when we went. Also the market on a Friday is a long walk from the bus & goods are expensive so don’t bother. We also did the TUI trip to Costa Smerelda for 55 euros each - not good value at all . A half day tour with over an hour on the bus again with screaming kids & one stop for an hour at quite a nice little place & then off to Porto Cervo where the billionaires go but had to pay 8 euro to take a little train around with no stops for pics so didn’t really see much. We could have walked with the guide but he couldn’t take you very far in the short time we had there. There was English commentary on the train but you couldn’t hear it over the noise of the engine!
When we got back to where the coach was parked we tried to use the public toilets but they were locked - I asked the train drivers if they could open them but they said they were closed for cleaning - why would you do that when you knew there were coach loads of people coming who had at least an hours drive back to their hotels? There were 2 coaches there with us!

Evening entertainment - mostly for kids & done by the reps. There were supposed to be at least 3 nights with outside acts - we had a soul singer who was ok & a group of local Sardinians dancing to an accordion - rubbish! We stayed up near the bar area as we did not want to sit in the amphitheater type place on hard steps were the “acts” were on as it was full of kids just running around! I’ve spent lots of holidays in family resorts with lots of kids during the summer holidays as I used to be a teacher & so I am used to watching “family” shows but usually you get a good group or singer on later who appeals to everyone but this was not the case here - very amateurish - almost like an X Factor audition!

On the plus side - pools opened at 9am so no crack of dawn rush for sun beds & relax pool always had space. The bar area around the pool was lovely as were all the staff. The little train to the beach was nice & the hotel beach was not as bad as many have said in reviews - we would have been happy to use it if we couldn’t get a spot by the pool. The layout of the complex is beautiful but if you have a room on the outer edges it’s a very long walk often uphill - we were as far away as you could get & I thought it was a bit inconsiderate to put my 84 year old mum that far away but as I mentioned earlier it seems to be all about the kids!

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank E1698SHsuej
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived after the hoards on coaches, as we hired a car.

Rooms: Received help taking our suitcases to our rooms. Personally loved the layout of the mainly bungalow style rooms. I really dislike big high rise style hotels. Good aircon system, water provided in rooms daily. We had ants at one point and the staff sorted it within the hour. Clean towels as and when we needed them. We brought cans or pop back from the bar and stored them in the fridge for later or to take out on trips with us. Other half loved the cans.

Restaurant: busy at times, some rude people who don't know how to wait in line and get frustrated easily ( relax your on holiday;) ) Food was good !! Nice variety not too much repetition. Yes flies, deal with it your in a hot country.

So glad we hired a car before heading out. The local port was lovely and easy to walk to or you could get the coach. Don't pay for a taxi, it's a rip off !!! Beach is ok but Not as good as others we visited throughout the week. However we do prefer smaller less crowded beaches.

Taverna : don't bother, food is no better than the restaurant and you don't get a choice

Snack bar: well stocked, yummy. Didn't try the burgers but understood you could order them

Pools: kept v clean, plastic glasses cleaned from around the pool constantly which was nice. For a family hotel that caters for lots of children I expected a bigger shallow pool.

Kids club: our 3 year old daughter loved it !

Entertainment not our thing but what we saw was good.

Tip: hire a car to get out and about if you can. The trips aren't up to much if your not one for sitting by the pool.

1  Thank Becky C
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We booked a quick last minute week away here with 3 weeks notice. The holiday was for myself , wife and 2 year old little boy. The price off the holiday I thought was ok given what was included.

The hotel it’s self. The room was designed to house 4 people , 2 in a double bed and 2 in bunk beds. We struggled for room to be honest as a family of 3 and one of them persons only being a two year old. I wouldn’t have liked to take a family of four into that room. The room though was had clean basic decor and I found it to be nice. The shower etc was great but the water was a of clear colour. You could hear through the walls quite easily as well so our neighbors came back later than us every night and we could easily hear that but it didn’t wake our little boy.

The restaurant had plenty of choice but not a great choice to suit us. We found ourselves living off fresh cooked pizza and pasta which where both very good. The ice cream selection as well was very good. The biggest bug bear of the whole holiday though was the amount of flies within the restaurant and on the food which put us off a lot. The all inclusive drinks where spot on with coke etc in cans and the beer etc was good as well.

The hotel was set in lovely grounds which seemed well maintained at all times. The views around where great with the mountains in the back ground and the sun sets where great to. The private hotel beach was a little gem I think. I went down and only 4 people where using it. It had a lifeguard present , sun beds and the water was perfect blue and warm. The sand was abit gritty but didn’t affect me. There isn’t much around the hotel it’s self. There is a small port around 1.5mile walk away which is worth a visit.

The entertainment within the hotel was great and one of the reasons we picked this hotel to keep our 2 year old busy. They had regular activities throughout the day for adults and kids alike and these continued into the evening in the out door area. My only one piece of advise would be to take bite spray for the evening as we got bit a lot and others had plenty of bits to.

The swimming pools where great. There was an adults only which we didn’t use and then the other pools had 3 together each of different depths. Our two year old could easily stand in the little pool and loved it. Be mindful the pools are fenced off with gates and open at 9.00am so there is a mad rush for sun beds at this time.

All in all I was pretty happy with the hotel. My biggest issue was the flies within the restaurant.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I’m just going to reassure people who have been reading the negative reviews on here before they come to this hotel.
I honestly don’t know why people are complaining?! It’s a great hotel.

Flies. You get them anywhere in the world and I haven’t had any issues with them, it’s not the hotels fault. Haven’t even seen any flies in the restaurant, I’m probably enjoying the vast delicious food to notice.

Bowls. Just walk and get a bowl from where ever they are?! Does that really spoil your holiday???

Busy family hotel. Clues in the name of the hotel. FAMILY LIFE.

All In all we are having a lovely holiday. I also do believe you make your own holiday.

Just enjoy spending time with your loved ones at this lovely hotel.

13  Thank Rachael H