“Truly amazing holiday”

Ranked #45 of 56 Hotels in San Vito lo Capo
Stockholm
“Truly amazing holiday”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The Capo San Vito hotel is a great place to spend a holiday and relaxation. The tasty Sicilian cuisine and the wonderful sandy beach just 50 m from the room made the total experience a top rating!!!! The staff, foremost the manager Marina, Stella, Fabio, Augustino and the rest made us feel so happy during our stay there in July 2013. We can definitely recommend Hotel Capo San Vito.

Aronsson`s Stockholm, Sweden

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotwl is a missed occasion. A quite ugly building from the outside, very nicely renovated in a sort of eclectic ethnic style mixing Asian and North African elements, and with a lot of clever solutions and technology in the room. But, as many other reviewers pointed out, they completely miss the point on service and to a large extent spoil the pleasure of the stay. Having read the reviews I knew they charge for the beach service but charging 3 euros for the beach towels (and 3 more for any replacement!) when one pays 180 per night is totally over the top! Reception service very poor: one trainee by herself who was on the phone all the time (in May- what do they do in August?), incapable of giving any information (like advice on restaurants in close by villages) and nobody to help us with bags and pram (they have stairs before the lift) when we arrived. Somehow they didn't make you feel welcome. We ended up staying less than planned and didn't use the restaurant - we felt, without even checking the prices, that it wouldn't be good value for money. In any event there are so many alternatives in San Vito that it didn't really matter. We will go back to San Vito for sure some day but not to this hotel - the village is so small and user friendly that being on the beach is ot so important. Special mention for the breakfast staff: they were very nice in spite of being stretched. Pity - with a bit more investment in staff and less stinginess this could be an unforgettable place.

Room Tip: Take sea view - more expensive of course but the other views are really not nice
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank diana188644
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The hotel is excellently located on the beach and the restaurant is the most beatuiful one i went to whilst in Vito lo capo. Romantically candle lit and outdoors right by the beach. The other restaurants in the resort serve great food but are mainly covered and noisy. This one is much more relaxed and the service is great.
The hotel itself is very boutique in comparison to others. The room i stayed in was very small but it did have a balcony and a great bathroom. We arrived early and they allowed us to shower in the beautiful spa so we could head straight to the beach until the room was ready.
If you are staying in rhe resort i would recommend it. The beach in vito lo capo does get very busy in July/August, but as does the rest of Italy

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank babyvic
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed 5 nights in July 2012.
I had read good reviews about the hotel which was even featured in one of Italy's top travel magazines. But somehow, I feel disappointed.
The location is fantastic, just on the beach which is one of the best in Italy.
The rooms have been renovated , they're comfortable with all the modern amenities .
The quality of the food is rather good.

But but :
It's rather expensive . The hotel charges extra for the beach service (beds + towels ).
The service is rather impersonal.
The breakfast room is gloomy. They could serve breakfast on the terrace in the morning but they don't do it, instead you're seated in a gloomy aquarium.

I have been to Sardinia several times before and that was better value than the CSV hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Reh L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Hi everyone, Sandro here. We, that is me and my newly wed, Louise, just came back from Sicily. We spent 12 days down there, the last 5 of which in this hotel. We travelled around and had a great time, then decided to find a nice place on the sea for a few days of pure relaxation. We were in Noto, and found Capo San Vito on the internet. From the website it looks beautiful, they have been very smart in avoiding any picture showing the hotel itself, which, quite frankly, is a fairly ugly white concrete block, 5 stories, overlooking the beach. It is also too bad I did not check on tripadvisor, I would have known better. Be that as it may, I phoned and asked for availability. They told me they had a double room, not sea view, for euro 140 per night. We went for it.

We arrived last Sunday (17/06) and as I said we thought the hotel was a bit ugly. But the location was good, and the interior much better than the outside. However, no parking, and we were informed that they had an agreement with a parking provider, at euro 8 per day. We could only accept as there is virtually no other option. We had to carry our own luggage as there was nobody at reception other than the girl who welcomed us. We were informed that access to the beach and relating facilities (sun-beds and umbrella) were not included and costed an additional euro 20, and so was access to the SPA, another 20 euro. The room was small and dark although nicely furnished. There were no complementary drinks, no bathrobes, no slippers.

We had a walk around, San Vito Lo Capo enjoys a beautiful beach and a wonderful sea, but is hardly a nice town. A bunch of ugly houses grouped around a main road populated by cheap establishments with waiters hanging outside trying to drag you in. It is a shame considering it could have been a gem. The day after we went for breakfast, and it was a bit of a disappointment, orange juice from concentrate directly from a Bravo 2L carton (the one you buy in Lidl) and a relatively poor, and never changing, selection of food. The hotel beach, for which we paid 20 euro per day, was a narrow strip in between other establishments' spaces, with the result that unless we got down at 9am, we would find ourselves at the very back, where we were constantly molested by kids playing football, which in theory was not allowed. We went for drinks, and discovered that if you ordered an espresso at the table (at the cost of euro 1.60, a massive premium to the euro 0.80 normally charged), you were charged a euro 1 service charge per espresso. We took the habit of ordering from the bar and walking the 3 yards to the table ourselves, because we thought that was a bit of a joke. We also discovered that the SPA was closed as they were doing maintenance works, which from other reviews I have read seem to have been going on forever.

Mid-way through our stay, we found ourselves commenting on the hotel and comparing it to other places we had been in Sicily. Capo San Vito did not come out on top, nowhere near !! We thought it was not a 4 star hotel and did not deliver good value for money. In fact, if you start considering all the extras (20 euro for the beach, 8 euro for parking, 5 euro for the beach towels, 20 euro for the SPA, the various service charges on drink orders) you find yourselves with near to euro 200 per day, and for a similar price we had an amazing junior suite at Villa Ducale in Taormina, not to mention other places where we paid less than that and still had a considerably better accommodation and service. But we were on our honeymoon and very hard to displease, so we concluded that they could get away with it given the location.

However, that conclusion dramatically changed at the time of check out, WHEN I WAS INFORMED THAT THE PRICE WAS EURO 140 PER PERSON PER DAY !!! WHICH MEANS EURO 240 PER DAY FOR THE ROOM, WHICH BRINGS THE TALLY UP TO EURO 300 PER DAY IF YOU ADD IN ALL THE EXTRAS DESCRIBED ABOVE !!! I was shocked, they maintained it was not possible that someone had quoted me euro 140 for the room. I explained they could hardly be that confident since ultimately it was my word against theirs. I even asked to confront the person that took my call, but they did not oblige. They also were at fault because their policy, apparently, is for payment in advance at check in, which they mentioned on my arrival, but did not follow up on it. If they had, I would have realised and left immediately !!! Be that as it may, I knew myself that there had been a mistake, mine or theirs seems of little relevance since that was the price they charged and I could do little else but pay. But here is the catch, if I thought the hotel was just about decent when paying euro 140 per day, I certainly thought it was horrible when the bill turned out to be euro 280 per day !!!

Euro 280 per day is a 5 star price, for that money you find hotels in Sicily compared to which Capo san Vito is hardly a nice B&B. Where on earth would you find a place that charges euro 280 per day for a small room, with a narrow bathroom with no bath and a power shower, TV without sky or other satellite channels (only Italian channels, and my wife is English), no porter or other personnel to assist with luggage, no hotel parking, separate charges for access to the hotel beach, access to the SPA and even the beach towels !!! I was surprised they did not charge me for the Wi-fi. Believe me, I have travelled my fare share and I have never ever come across anything like this before. I really felt robbed. Forget about the mistake about the quotation, I would happily have obliterated that if I had received a service worth the money I had to pay, but that definitely was not the case. My greatest disappointment is that I spent the last 5 days of my honeymoon in a place that was far from special, when for the same money I could have treated my wife to something completely different and far, far better !!!

When I uttered my disappointment, the staff seemed understanding and I most certainly had the impression I was not the first one to voice it. Even the man queuing behind me (yes, you have to queue as the reception desk is so small that they cannot deal with more than one bill at a time) had the same complaints. After much consultation with some "director" they offered to deduct the beach charge, euro 80. I nearly took offence, I said that was hardly necessary, first because it hardly affected the impact of a euro 1800 bill, second because my outburst was not aimed at securing a discount, but rather wanted to make clear what I thought of their hotel and their service, in few words: THESE GUYS ARE A JOKE AND THIS PLACE IS RIDICULOUS, AVOID AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU FANCY WASTING YOUR MONEY !!!

A humorous note, everyone seems to know about this place. When leaving, I stopped at a petrol station. They guy joked about charging me for cleaning my car window-screen and I replied that I'd had enough surprises that morning. He looked at me with a knowing smile and asked whether I was leaving Capo San Vito !? I wish I had fuelled the car before !!!

In 20 years of travelling, that is only the second time I rated a place as terrible, I hope readers will take me seriously and act accordingly, they would only do themselves a big favour !

Sandro

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
39 Thank Sandro190976

Travellers are raving about these San Vito lo Capo hotels

London
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This is a wonderful hotel right on the beach. The rooms are first class, the ambience and decor very tastefully done, and the staff exceedingly warm, helpful and friendly. probably the finest hotel in Cap San Vito.
The food was excelent, both for breakfast and dinner. The only gripe I would say, is I wish that the evening menu was varied, rather than the same menu every night, especially if you are staying a week +.
On the whole, I would have no reservation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DPara01
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I understand the earlier rates from people who has been to this hotell in 2011. Beautiful set "on" the beach and perfect city location. Nice and helpfull staff both when emailing the booking and well at place at the hotel. We had a lovely oceanview room with a balcony. Lovely bathroom and good AC. We had almost every lunch at the hotel, it was very good and with view over the beach. The only thing I might complain about is that the breakfast is not so much and some noice from nearby disco. We also tried the spa, very relaxing place with oceanview and good massage. Clean rooms and very nice interiors in the hotel. This have to be the best quality hotel in San Vito and were very happy chosing it.

Mikael & Åsa, Stockholm - Sweden.

Room Tip: Oceanview room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple