We stayed in the villagio in early May 2012 for 12 days. The hotel is situated a few hundred meters from the beach on a silent street. Which is one the most remote from the touristic quorter so you dont care much about the noise. The location was ideal for peaceful rest. The receptionist was helpful (at least one of three). The apartment which included a sleeping room, a kitchen and a large balcony (F6) was in a simplistic style which we expected (it was not disappointment for us). We had a great view on the see and the mountain. There was a light house about 0,5 km from the hotel so we made an adventure exploring the surroundings with the child. The hotel offered breakfasts (mostly snacks but I presume depends on the season). It had a nice small pool area, where the child could have fun. The hotel has a bit curious cleaning policy-you have to order cleaners for extra fee of 25 euro or something, but we didn't know if that's the traditional approach in the region. The tourist quarter is traditional. We loved eating local specialities in small restaurants. Especially we liked Insomnia restaurant for its enormous salads and friendly staff.
Unfortunately in May its offseason and the windsurfing station is not active at that time.
My strong recommendation is to use this location if you plan to explore the rest of Sicily by car. We drove to Zingaro, Palermo, Erice, Marsala and a number of other locations.
Beware of dogs in the vicinity outscirts-they might be aggressive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a green hillside just a few meters from the beach and the marina, between trees and flowering shrubs, the Villaggio Cala Mancina overlooks at the beautiful bay of San Vito Lo Capo with its expanse of white sand, offering a panorama of incomparable beauty. The village, with its typical Mediterranean-style architecture, offers the ultimate in comfort with hospitality and services comparable to a four star hotel. The elegance of the finishes and fittings, the refinement of the furnishings, the careful arrangement of green, the intelligent distribution of the common areas, the use of local handcrafts such as wrought iron, terra-cotta tiles, marble, natural stone and brick pavers, give the entire complex a unique personality. Outside, Mediterranean gardens, where you can stroll along the paths of light and vibrant colors. Behind the apartments, almost suspended over the sea, there is a large pinewood belonging to the village, from where you can admire the small town with its white houses and the wonderful bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel / Villaggio Cala Mancina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Calamancina Hotel San Vito Lo Capo
- Hotel / Villaggio Cala Mancina San Vito Lo Capo, Sicily