We chose Villaggio Calamancina from our timeshare service and while the property was adequate we will not return for a second visit.
We had a one bedroom/one bath on the 2nd floor towards the front of the property. There was a small balcony off the living area. The kitchenette served its purpose and there are good markets in town. Buy your own dish soap and sponges.
Upon our arrival, the cleanliness of the flat was questionable.
Although we would like to have rented a bike, we never did. There were only a few that were functional and they were never available.
There were dogs across the street that barked constantly. I understand this is outside the hotels control but it did cause us to keep the balcony doors closed a good portion of the time. Oh, I can't forget to mention the burglar alarms in the neighborhood.
The pool is lovely but the hours are odd. Proximity to the beach and the town is good.
Wi-Fi is available for a charge and only in the pool area.
The property photographs are misleading. The good views appear to be taken from the hotel up the hill. A few of the Villaggio Calamancina rooms may have something similar but as most of the buildings are at the bottom of the hill, I doubt it.
Some of the hotel staff are wonderful, helpful, gracious and knowledgeable. Others staff members…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a green hillside just a few meters from the beach and the marina, between trees and flowering shrubs, the Villaggio Cala Mancina overlooks at the beautiful bay of San Vito Lo Capo with its expanse of white sand, offering a panorama of incomparable beauty. The village, with its typical Mediterranean-style architecture, offers the ultimate in comfort with hospitality and services comparable to a four star hotel. The elegance of the finishes and fittings, the refinement of the furnishings, the careful arrangement of green, the intelligent distribution of the common areas, the use of local handcrafts such as wrought iron, terra-cotta tiles, marble, natural stone and brick pavers, give the entire complex a unique personality. Outside, Mediterranean gardens, where you can stroll along the paths of light and vibrant colors. Behind the apartments, almost suspended over the sea, there is a large pinewood belonging to the village, from where you can admire the small town with its white houses and the wonderful bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel / Villaggio Cala Mancina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Calamancina Hotel San Vito Lo Capo
- Hotel / Villaggio Cala Mancina San Vito Lo Capo, Sicily