“A hidden gem in the beauty of Umbria! Bellissimo!”
other traveller has booked this property
Olive House Terrace Kitchen
Main Gate
Apartment Bedroom
Apertment Kitchen/Dining room
Apartment Private Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Mike C
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem in the beauty of Umbria! Bellissimo!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We came across CASA Vialba completely by chance when we were hunting on the internet for somewhere to stay in Umbria for 2 weeks. And what a complete stroke of luck it was for us to find Carlo and Julie's magical villa to stay at!! From the moment you arrive you are made to feel incredibly welcome and that you have met up with old friends. Carlo and Julie are perfect hosts, generous with their time with you if you want it and the height of discretion if you don't. The villa (we stayed at Olive House) is very well appointed with a well stocked kitchen and comfortable living areas and bedrooms. If you've come to spend as much time outdoors as possible then CASA Vialba is fantastic with plenty of walks from the property across the valley allowing you to take in the beautiful and tranquil scenery, the abundant wildlife (look out for wild boar, porcupines and (if you're incredibly lucky) wolves!). If a relaxing time by the pool is for you CASA Vialba has 2 lovely clean well sized pools to escape the heat of the day. And if you're into quad-biking, archery or horse riding Carlo and Julie will take time out of their days to teach you! All in all a fabulous place, owned and run by lovely hospitable hosts. We will be back next year to hear more of Carlo and Julie's hysterical stories over dinner!! Grazie mille Carlo and Julie!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hard to say we liked so much. Perhaps the welcome and the feeling you were staying at a friend's place rather than a place you booked for a holiday.
Liked least: One or 2 of the mosquitoes that took a chunk out of me and my wife. Getcha next time!
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
ladymissj...
London, UK
“A dream umbrian get away with amazing hosts and horsey joy!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

When I first found Casa Vialba on the Internet I couldn't work out why there were so few reviews on trip advisor, but I'm now completely certain that everyone who stays here loves it so much that they want to keep it a secret.

I came here with my husband for a birthday week in august and we absolutely loved it. Where do I start? Julie and Carlo are the nicest hosts, and when we left at the end of just a week it felt like we were leaving old friends. They are hugely knowledgable about the local area and very generous about sharing this. Nothing is too much trouble and they really do go out of their way, even preparing a lovely meal on the night of arrival. The properties themselves are beautifully restored traditional Umbrian houses with everything you could need for the perfect stay, each with its own private pool which was a delight in the hot weather. The food was delicious, both in restaurants and at home where we bought from local shops and delis. And the views and surrounding countryside, the stars at night like you've never seen before, the wildlife...all stunning.

But...the very best bit (for me), was the riding. It's true to say that I'm completely horse obsessed, and Julie went out of her way to take us out on the some amazing rides. Her horses are just superstars and we had so much fun with them. It was such a highlight of our trip.

Before I booked our stay I read a review by a lady who said that she'd enjoyed Casa Vialba so much that she cried when she left. This is not an over reaction! I cried when I left too! We will be back here as soon as we can, in fact we've started looking at flights already and we only got back last night.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Carlo and Julie, the dogs, the horses, everything else...
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
YHall32
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Amazing!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

My husband and I stayed in Olive House with our 2 daughters (6 & 11) for 3 weeks and can only agree with the comments of the previous reviewer. The house is beautiful, the welcome and ongoing hospitality from Carlo and Julie is exceptional and we have had a holiday that we will never forget. The house is in beautiful countryside and enables you to really "get away from it all" and yet there are so many activities to do - we tried quad biking, archery and horse riding as well as relaxing by the lovely pool. The girls loved the abundance of wildlife as well as the 2 dogs, Nux and Poppy and all in all we have had a wonderful time. We will come back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and hospitality of the owners
Liked least: Nothing - it was all wonderful!
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nuneaton

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Surrey, UK
Reviewed 5 April 2011 for a stay in July 2009
person found this review helpful

Liked best: The location, the views and the swimming pool.
Liked least: Having to go home.
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing