“Nice hotel, especially for children with respiratory problems + they have a free charge point for EV”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Svoboda Hotel

Svoboda Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Strunjan
Domzale, Slovenia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We visit this hotel quite often, especially during the winter time to get out of the smog of the city and for our daughter to swim in pools of warm sea water. The hotel is surrounded by a beautiful scenery, sea and trees, clean air, which also makes it a perfect place for nice long walks on the beach and cliffs.
Wi-fi is not top speed, but it's good enough. It's not meant to watch YouTube video streams, but it's good enough to browse web pages.
Staff is friendly, food is very good and there are plenty of menus available also with fish and sea food.
What I also value greatly is that they have a free of charge Charge Point for Electric Vehicle which we have (Opel Ampera (=Chevy Volt)). It saves us quite a bit of money.
I also like, that they have a playing room for children, which my daughter loves (3 years old).

I don't know about the AC, because we've never been there during summer, but what I don't like is that the hotel turns off room heating radiators during the night. If it's cold outside, less than 0°C, it can get quite cold in the room, even when fully covered by a blanket. That's why we always bring a small 2000W portable electric heater with us.
I also don't like the type of pillow they have. They are to high (big) so I don't use them at all. Even though it's not comfortable to sleep without it, it's still better then what they have.
Because of these two issues I gave 4 stars review and 3 stars for sleeping quality.

The room TVs - I don't know who chose them, but they are horrible to switch channels. It takes a long press on the remote the even change the channel or type a number of a channel and even if you do it correctly, the TV set takes about 2 second to change the channel. They are Philips TV sets, which are good TVs, as we have one at home, so I don't know, what's wrong with the hotel ones.

Room Tip: South rooms are facing the pool and the sea, north rooms are facing a beautiful woods. Rooms in the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Andrej P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Slovenia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

When I reach hotel I have been given a room 135 as I am travelling alone. First impression was quiet good. I even got a terrace. I was happy because of a hard work before I will enjoy the see, swimming and other things I would do. Entering the room I notice a strange blood on the wall. As someone would try to kill an insect. At that moment I didn`t mind at all. When I went to bathroom I meet a large insect moving on the wall. I fill a little strong pain in my chest. I have claustrophobia on insect. I kill it and continuing as nothing happpened. After dinner I came back to my room and put myself on band. I Watch TV. Suddenly something fly over my head. It was a large butterfly not that nice but insect. I froze for a moment. Then I turn around my head and notice some insect moving on the wall.
I couldn’t kill them. They were high for me. I got panic and pain in my chest start again. I decided to pack my thing and go down to lobby to ask a receptionist to give me another room so that I can stay there. He said that there is no bad free for me. I beg him just for one night but not a chance. So the only things I could do was leaving hotel after 7 hour of stay. He asks me to pay 115 eurov for being there for 7 hour and dinner and that entire scary insect. In the room 135. I have paid. I leave reception very said, and with pain in my chest. I already have problem with breathing. But I have to drive a car to reach home. I try not to think but over and over again “I so that scary insect”. When I reach home I was totally down. They gave me tranquillizer so that I could breath normally..
So when you travel to this hotel alone avoid ROOM 135 itis full of insect. Do not come at all

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Celje
Reviewed 24 July 2013

4 stars hotel joke they lost some stars somwhere. Staff doesen t even smile at all. At the top season maintainers are all the time at the lobby not doing anything. Wi fi - maybe fast enough for zx spectrum or commodore 64 otherwise just forget about it. Air condition - loud and at temparatures over 30 C not strong enough. Bar at the lobby - high priced disapointment they charge you order immideately after service you don t have to drink maybe all guests are suspicios to run away not paying for drink ha ha . Inside pool closed for maintainance for 7 days just like that but sill promoted as facillity. At the restauran staff shows you wher you have to sit and they don t allow you to change the table. Better spend yor money somwhere else.

Room Tip: Ther arent any.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Markxlx
Slovenia
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Peaceful, nice and very modern hotel
My vacation was very short. But I took two of massage and I am really filling good. The hotel is very clean, peaceful, and nice. Stuffs is very gentle, helpful and you will see only smile on their faces.
Some problem was a temperature of the indoors swimming pool. I felt a little cooler than it was written on the wall. The other is cabins and toilets were quiet away from pool. You have to walk from a worm to a cold place.
But in all you will fill harmony, peace and relax because of lavender which you will meet all around.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Yesterday I took my family to a swim. It is quite a nice pool inside with some jakuzzi pools. Pool has a sea-water. Personnel is.. soo-soo...
After a swim we took a lunch... well, this was also nothing special. It was good, but really nothing special.
Pool 4 hours and lunch = 20 EUR per person. Price is reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
lukovica
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Classical hotel in one of the most beautifull parts of Slovenia coast. A lopt of possibilities for walkikng - they organize nordic walking wxcoursion, View from the church and big cross on the hill (15 min) is amazing. If you have time descend to the beach (Moon bay) under the cross (another 15 min)
With a bike Portoroz, Piran and Izola are just 3o min away via biking trail.
Hotel organizes or helps to some events - dances, day of persimon (Kaki) etc

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank izi11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strunjan
Salinera Bioenergy Resort
Hotel Marko
Hotel Marko
#6 of 25 in Portoroz
Hotel Slovenija - LifeClass Hotels & Spa

Been to Svoboda Hotel? Share your experiences!