“Gorgeous boutique hotel in a lovely village setting”
Review of Hotel La Casa

Hotel La Casa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Torrox
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Wikipedia definition of Boutique Hotel includes the phrase "luxury facilities of varying size in unique or intimate settings" For Hotel La Casa that should be spot on! We've just returned from a week in this classy haven in the quiet Spanish village of Torrox, which is ideally situated for exploring the Costa del Sol. In the heart of Andalusia having easy road links to all of this lovely coast, the sun shone for us and probably will for you - whenever you go. Apart from tastefully appointed bedrooms and a stylish dining room, there is a wide sun terrace facing the mountains for you to take the rays or chill out with a glass of wine. And there are local walks in the hills and towards the coast for those enjoying the exercise. Family run in a friendly efficient fashion, the hotel also boasts two talented chefs to delight you with cuisine far better than most restaurants can achieve. If you don't stay here (and you should), at least come and eat here! Many thanks to Karen and Sarah and Neil.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2chicas, Owner at Hotel La Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our small family run Hotel. Thank you also, because we believe you are spot on about us being ideally situated to visit the Costa Del Sol which has so much more to offer than just beaches and sunshine! (even thoughTorrox does have the best climate in Europe!)
The history, the beautiful villages, the mountains, the food and the wonderful generous people of this region all make it a very wonderful holiday destination.
We really hope you choose to stay again in the future.
Finally thank you for saying La Casa has TWO talented chefs, Karen says I am just the commi and I should know my place!!
kIind regards
Sarah

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here again for one night only, we were lucky to get a room as it was Feria time in Torrox so the village was packed!
Had a little walk to the square to see the festivities but then returned to the hotel & our table for dinner on the terrace, food was to die for, yummiest! The hosts, Sarah, Neil & Karen were as friendly ever & our batteries were fully charged when we returned to Fuengirola on Sunday, thanks again guys, can't wait to come back!
Tracey & Brent

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tracey_brent
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I celebrated my birthday in Torrox recently and friends, who already know how good this location was, arranged a special birthday meal for me there. It did not disappoint! A very special meal, with surprise a surprise bottle of bubbly and even a birthday card, was arranged by the wonderful people at La Casa. The meal was divine and so was the service down to the birthday candle in the cake! Can't wait to go back to Torrox and La Casa... what a super place I wish them well!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We have just returned from a relaxing break at La Casa. The hotel was recommended to us by close friends and didn't disappoint. Neil, Sarah and Karen made us both very welcome and catered for all of our needs. Accommodation is very clean,and comfortable.The views of the mountains are fantastic. we ate there and the food was excellent. Torrox itself is a pretty traditional village not over run by tourists, it has a nice square with several small bars and restaurants. We will definitely return in the near future. Alan and Gill

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I booked Hotel la Casa after spotting it on trip advisor and the fantastic reviews it had received and it certainly lived up to my expectations. Myself, husband and two daughters aged 20 and 18 were looking for a quiet relaxing week and that is exactly what we got. We booked the suite which was on the top floor and wow the views were amazing .... breathtaking! Karen, Neil and Sarah were always on hand to accommodate us in whatever way they could. The Hotel was beautifully decorated and we were made to feel at home as soon as we arrived. We had three lovely dining experiences in the restaurant and the food was really tasty and beautifully presented. The homemade toffee pudding was to die for. On the Friday night we went to their curry night with disco which was a great night, the curries and trimmings were so so tasty. My husband and I loved the village and will definitely return but my daughters found it too quiet for them even for a relaxing holiday! TG for wifi. It would have been nice to stay around the village during the day but we struggled to find anything to do to keep us all amused! We spent the week on the beach in Torrox Costa which was a 10 minute drive away which was exactly what the doctor ordered!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the mountains!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

After spending almost two weeks on the road this was our last destination. A sleepy little Spanish village with no claim to fame and no promenade. I was looking for tranquility and I found it at La Casa. This is a small place but very nicely done. I believe we had a suite. It had a separate sitting area and balcony. The view was of the mountains and valley below. It was idyllic. The restaurant, which I reviewed separately, was even better. The beach was less than 10 minutes away. Head toward Nerja and the beaches are private and the clearest I've seen on the Costa Del Sol. The town of Torrox is quaint. It is a working village with charm. The owners of La Casa do it all with class and warmth. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nick4u
2chicas, Owner at Hotel La Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Did you Mean 5 star experience!!! Seriously
Thank you for your review and staying with us. We are really pleased you fell in love with Torrox and La Casa and it was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely family.

Kind regards
Sarah Neil and Karen

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel on the basis of Tripadvisor reviews, in particular the temptation of home cooked food. On arrival the owner explained that her two partners were away on holiday and she was not feeling well. She would cook for us if we insisted. How could we? I must say her recommendation for a place to eat was brilliant (reviewed separately). The hotel was deserted and the honesty bar felt a little uncomfortable. Our room was fine but the shower room was a little tired. My wife in particular felt as if we were staying in somebody's house rather than a hotel and felt uncomfortable. Breakfast was a disappointment. Perhaps we were unlucky looking at all the fabulous reviews but I must report as I found it.

• Stayed: October 2012
9  Thank Fordanglia69
2chicas, Owner at Hotel La Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

I have had to write a management response, not because I felt your review was paticularly terrible, but because I have tried to contact you on numerous occasions to ask for more information regarding your visit (and have had no reply) The reasons I am asking for more information is because we like to get things right and find out how, why and when mistakes were made.
However the information on your review, just does not correspond with the information on our books. for example when the 2 owners were away the restaurent was open every night and had bookings, (you also reviewed the restaurent you were reccommended) however it was reviewed in the September and you stated you stayed with us in the October?
If you did stay at La Casa I am sorry if we were not the type of Hotel suited to you, (my late mum use to say you cannot please all of the people all of the time!) and maybe that is true, however i felt you were missing the concept of La Casa it is Our Home and we want people to feel they are staying somewhere personal and not in a massive corporate faceless Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrox
Iberostar Malaga Playa
#6 of 8 in Torrox
Hotel Villa Flamenca
Hotel Villa Flamenca
#3 of 37 in Nerja

Been to Hotel La Casa? Share your experiences!