A better than average, 4 * resort situated in Torrox - about 40 minutes transfer from Malaga airport. The little town is sleepy, but has a clean promenade that stretches for a few miles behind the hotel and a shopping area with a nice little boutique and the usual supermarkets and gift shops in front. The beach is volcanic sand.
In our party were a 12 year old boy, 13 year old girl, 30 something and 50 something married couples.
We were all inclusive - Myself and my husband paid extra for a side sea view, while my daughter and her family had an apartment that slept four. Our side sea view was well worth the extra - the balcony overlooked the terrace pool area and had full sunshine for most of the day. If I was nit picking I would say that there was no full length mirror in the room. My daughter's apartment overlooked the car park, but she didn't mind because she was only in the room to sleep and shower. There was a full length mirror behind her wardrobe door.
The Iberostar Malaga Playa had something for everyone. Mini/Maxi kids clubs - Tons of pool side/ terrace activities and nightly entertainment that even the grumpiest of guest could not fail to smile at - The Flamenco evening and Michael Jackson impersonator were my particular favourites.
Add to all this the quietly professional ladies at the Spa and great food (not gourmet, and buffet style at all times) and service from the bar and waiting staff, and you would be hard pushed to find a better family holiday in Spain.
The staff were excellent - From check in to friendly chef to the fabulous Shelia who made keeping fit whilst on holiday an absolute pleasure.
Rubberised safety tiles around the pool would have meant that I didn't have to worry a little whilst walking to the bar and toilets on the wet areas - but I realise that these types of tiles are unusual in Spain.
I would go back even if I didn't have the family with me. Well done Iberostar Malaga Playa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished IBEROSTAR Malaga Playa beach hotel is an expert at creating the best conditions to make you happy during your days of rest. The warmth of the rooms, the fun atmosphere of the entertainment activities, the pools for families, the cosy feeling of its restaurants... and, as you would expect, the best temperature in all of Europe. Discover 7 more reasons why you should choose this hotel on the Costa del Sol for your holidays. Distinctive rooms for distinctive travellers. From the most romantic Suites to enjoy a couples getaway to apartments with a kitchen. And, of course, the best views of the sea or the hotel gardens make for the best backdrop when waking up in Malaga. And recently refurbished! A few steps from the beach. The IBEROSTAR Malaga Playa enjoys direct access to over a kilometre of beach at Playa Ferrara. So you can lie down on your sun lounger and bathe in the sun's rays while sensing the Mediterranean breeze on your skin. Flavours of the world.At this hotel for children on the Costa del Sol, you not only have the best local cuisine, but you can also travel the world every evening with the themed dinners. In addition, there's a surprise for those with a sweet tooth: the wonderful desserts buffet. It’s impossible to resist the temptation of something sweet! Totally refreshing. The huge pool at this hotel in Malaga Playa will entice the whole family in for a dip. The kids can pretend to be sharks while the grownups take advantage to swim a few lengths. There's also a pool with never-ending slides so that your kids can make a splash, and another indoor pool with views of the outdoors, and a special baby pool. Non-stop activities. In the evening, the little ones can't wait for Starky and Stella to arrive at the minidisco. During the day, your kids will never get bored at the Miniclub. They will play in the pool, dress up or do handcrafts. And for you? Dance performances, live music, and much more. Enviable temperatures. The best climate in Europe is here! The average of 18º C throughout the year and the mild summers make Torrox the best place to spend your holidays. In fact, you are likely to come across inhabitants that are proud to boast about the kind of climate they enjoy. The charm of Torrox. You can't leave without being captivated by the pristine white of its houses. A stroll around its stairways and precipitous streets will invite you to disconnect and spend the afternoon trying tapas in Constitution square, or to enjoy a few laughs with your loved ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, Booking.com, Iberostar, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Malaga Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Malaga Playa Hotel Torrox
- Riu Ferrara Hotel
- Riu Ferrara Torrox
- Iberostar Malaga Playa Torrox, Costa Del Sol, Spain