“excellent bar”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just got back from torrox pueblo,a little Spanish village in the hills,we stayed in the village for a week,was told about this bar by sister in law, we found it on out first night,the bar is run by rick and Helen,what a lovely couple,very friendly,and welcoming,beautiful terrace at the back of the bar,we did eat in the bar a few nights,the food was spot on,English or Spanish food,, all well presented,the curry was so good,we also had a couple of sausage butties in the morning,on Saturday night they had a karaoke night,what a laugh,, we also met some lovely people in the bar,all in all it made our holiday,so big thank you to rick and Helen, we will be back,Peter and gail,from wallasey

1  Thank Peter D

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Tucked away in a little Spanish village, down a back street, this Bar/Restaurant is typical of the understated cuisine of the little Spanish bar that I have found on my holidays.
Run by Rick and Helen with the assistance of the lovely Amy it allows many 'ex pats' and visitors alike to experience the fusion of 'Spanglish Food' of a very high standard.
The steak I had was as good as it gets and my request for a dish of 'Alo ali' or 'Ali alo' (Not sure which) , a mayonaisse infused with garlic was greeted with delight. Great food and drink at fabulous price,
Congratulations to the family for combining the service of locals and visitors alike. If you find yourself in Torrox Pueblo just ask for Rick and Helen's Bar (about 500 m from the piazza) and give yourselves a treat.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful terrace (smokers).
Need english food? This is your place. They also have great music nights and decent tapas.

1  Thank Watchyourstep
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Went here one night in October with people I met on a walking holiday in Torrox. I have read some very good reviews and will definitely visit again when I go back for New Year. Very friendly and welcoming atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I had finished reviewing on Trip Advisor but I simply could not miss the chance to add my comments on Meson La Terraza. I am just about to return to the UK and Helen Rick and Amy have played a great part in making my first 'Solo' holiday a success.
First class food and drink at very affordable prices, excellent service and a superb vista from the 'Terraza' combine to make this Bar/restaurant a home from home.
One particular point is that Locals and Visitors pay the same there is NO dual pricing. I happen to know that they have built up this business over the last 2.5 years through damned hard work. and wish them continued success for the future and many more patrons through their doors.
Please if you are in Torrox or surrounding area give it a try!