“Amazing delicious Indian food!”
Review of Village Tandoori - CLOSED

Village Tandoori
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Third time here and another tasty perfectly spiced Indian meal - good portion size and very fair price
They don't do "all u can eat " like many others but the quality is far better than others we've tried locally
Definitely going back soon!

1  Thank CLARE

Reviewed 24 January 2014

we visit for dinner and was glad to see the atmosphere.it was modern and touchy .....food was excellent staff was very kind . we live in Marbella and visit family friend then plan to visit indian restaurant we enjoyed a lot. recommend the friend and come back next week.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We decided to visit this restaurant on Boxing Day evening, and as others have said, it was a little difficult to find but well worth it. We started with Shish Kebab and Onion Bhajis and were wowed by both. We were also given some free poppadoms with a selection of tasty dips (including tamarind which I have never had in an Indian Restaurant). For our main course we chose Chilli Garlic Chicken and Ginger Lamb with Pilau rice. The meat on both dishes were extremely tender and the sauces complemented both. I had never seen or had Ginger Lamb, and with fresh ginger scattered on top, it was one of the best Indian meals I have had in a long time. The service was also first class and everthing was explained to us very clearly. The total bill including drinks (we were also given free coffee) came to 30.60 euros. Would I go back? You bet I would.

1  Thank karen m
Reviewed 5 December 2013

As others have said, it's a little difficult to find as it's tucked away behind other establishments on the sea frontage. We visited for lunch and was glad to see they offer a menu del dia, reasonably priced at 6.95 euros p.p. Myself and fellow diner ordered onion bhaji to start. Had we realised we would get 4 each, we would have ordered 1 portion and perhaps the poppadoms with dips so we could share both. My FD thought the bhajis were good, but I was disappointed (not like any bhaji I've eaten before, but OK). We ordered chicken tikka masala, saag aloo, pilau rice and naan bread to share all dishes. The tikka whilst tasty was a slight disappointment as the sauce was too runny and only 6 small pieces of chicken swimming in far too much sauce. Pilau rice was excellent and a very generous portion. The saag aloo was acceptable but a little too spicy for what should be a mild dish traditionally. The naan bread however is somewhat addictive, not cooked in a tandoori oven but still great flavour is just a little too thin and too crunchy bottoms. As we were unable to eat it all, we asked to take home leftovers. The curries and rice together with naan were duly wrapped and bagged up ready for us upon paying the bill. However, the bhajis were not included, despite asking for them, nor were the dips we asked to be added too.
e d
Service is fantastic and from some tables you are able to see into the kitchen and watch the chefs as work, an aspect I enjoy in any establishment. Decor is OK and the waiter was most efficient, attentive and friendly.

Yes I will return, but next time I'd like to compare menu del dia with full menu and report the quality there too. Overall, no bad reason not to return so far.

1  Thank Foodessa
Reviewed 22 November 2013

It took us a while to find this restaurant, you have to be careful you do not miss it as you walk along the paseo, it is best to walk from El Fare, you will find Village Tandori on the right, set back slightly, but it is worth finding, we have been 3 times, the food has been consistent, the owner is charming, we met the chef last night, he also is charming, they are working very hard to make the place successful.