“Steak on a Rock”

Ranked #6 of 159 Restaurants in Torrox
Cuisines: Diner, German, Steakhouse, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Classical and modern german cuisine. Steaks on a hot Stone/Carne a la Piedra/Steaks vom heißen Stein.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We enjoyed steak on a rock with German potatoes and salad. Excellent. We have had steak on a rock several times once in Portugal and once in Germany, all good. This was right in line with the others. My husband likes his steak medium. I like my steak well done. I don't eat more than 2/3 ounces/100 grams but he likes at least 200 grams/4-6 ounces. So we ordered 300 grams of the steak on a rock. He ate 200 grams of medium and I ate 100 grams of well done. Perfect. The service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is not a fire star resturant , but if you are a meat lover this is your place.
The meat is so tender you can eat it raw. The best Angus meat from Argentina.
200 g. Entrecote,chips and three different sauces.and a big beer, a great meal.
Dont bother to order the salad.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Your steak is served with a hot stone and you can grill it as you like: rare - medium - well done. Delicious.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Having been to this restaurant when it was located in a more tucked location towards the rear of the one of the prom apartment blocks, we were disappointed to discover that the prices had gone up considerably (presumably to cover the increased rent for a prime seafront position). A friend of ours had the steak cooked on the hot stone on our table, which was delicious. We had the typical Herrenschnitzel I think it was called - delicious! The owner has always been charming and polite. His staff can sometimes prove unwelcoming. All in all, we preferred the previous location where the restaurant provided better value for money.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant at the end of our stay, how I wish we had gone at the beginning! The food was amazing! He had a sirloin steak and I had chicken breast, both served on a hot stone, salad, which was beautiful, and sauté potatoes. The waitress was very efficient and the decor was very nice. Definitely worth a visit.