“2nd visit! Fantastic Hotel! Can't wait for the waterpark!!!!!!!”

Hotel Club Sur Menorca
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sant Lluis
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just returned from a second visit to this hotel and were not disappointed (2 adults and one 7 year old)! We decided to book this hotel again as we had such a great time last year and met many really nice people. We will probably be booking it again soon ready for next year!!

This hotel is cleaned to a very high standard - the ground and the rooms. The staff are very nice and have the timings down to a fine art - from the unlocking of the sunbeds to the collecting sunbeds, storing them and putting out the tables and chairs around the pool for the evening.

The grounds here are impressive! With a lovely large pool and a smaller fenced off kids pool adjacent to it. Then there is the much smaller kids pool and sunbathing area at the other end of the hotel next to the park and kids club.

The animacion team were absolutely brilliant (Ilke, Kristina and Team Leader Rafa) with the kids and deserve special mention! They are on the go all day from morning through poolside games and activities for kids and adults to the mini disco at night and their own entertainment programme (some nights were outside shows such as ABBA (brilliant), The Supremes, Parrot Show, Lord of the Dance, to mention a few. On a few nights the animation do their own show (Rocky Horror, etc) which were brilliant! I hope they are at this hotel next year!!!!!! The kids club was brilliant from 1030 til 1200 then 1500 til 1630 and really kept our daughter entertained with lovely activities and themed days.

The food was special and much better than some rival (more expensive) hotels! Fresh, plentiful and a lot of choice - our daughter is a fussy eater but always found something to eat! 3 Meals a day + snacks in between each, too much for us, however it was there, we never went hungry!

We met families who are also returners like us and we remembered them from last year which was nice - also the staff remembered us! The management were very professional and ensured lights went out at 12 sharp to ensure nothing got out of hand. The bar staff great, restaurant staff great and worked very hard, the cleaners great, and a special mention to the shuttle bus driver.....he never has a day off and is very polite and will even stop to pick you up if you happened to miss him (even though he is back and forth every 15 mins).

I have to say the First Choice Rep Sarah was excellent, she was Polite, always smiling, and if she wasn't sure of anything we asked of her she would always find out and come straight back to us with the answer.

We had the usual 'moaners', not many though, who found something to moan about! All I can say is 'get a life - and remember how lucky you are to go on hols'.

All I can say is roll on next year, and look forward to the opening of the waterpark in 2015 where I think the hotel will be renamed 'Parc Aquatic Sur Menorca', According to the TV display of the waterpark in the reception area.

If your thinking of booking this hotel, I thoroughly recommend it, look at us, 2 visits and already planning the third, we don't look anywhere else to be honest, and we know others who return every year too, that says it all really!

4  Thank Holsrgr8yt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,698)

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Arrived home in UK yesterday after a week at hotel. Travelled as family of 4 (2 adults, 2 14 year olds). Stayed in one of the 2 bedroom apartments - these could do with some updating, but considering the amount of time you spend in them, it's certainly not an issue. They have air conditioning, ours had 2 bathrooms with showers and they are cleaned to a high standard every day by housekeeping staff. The telly even had BBC, which was a bonus for Eastenders fans!
This is certainly a family orientated hotel, and at first I was a bit worried as I thought our kids would be too old to join in with any activities...I was wrong! There is a timetable of events/activities each day (including football, volleyball, rifle shooting), so the kids/adults were never bored. My son spent almost the entire holiday on the court playing football with his new found friends, sometimes up to midnight as the flood lights are switched on in the evening. The Kids Club for the younger ones is good fun and the entertainment staff work tirelessly day and night. There are countless opportunities to win certificates for sporting achievements during the day if you are the competitive sort!
Being all inclusive you are given a wrist band on arrival. The food was lovely and there was something for everyone...even fussy teenagers! If you so wish you can have a full English breakfast each morning, or the healthier among us can have fruit, yogurt, toast, etc.
There was the sunbed saga each morning, which was quite entertaining to watch - people reserving their places by the pool by sitting on seats, waiting for the lifeguard to unlock the sun beds. Note: there was NEVER during our stay a shortage of sun beds.
All in all we had a brilliant holiday, made some lovely friends and would definitely return.
One word of advice however would be, if you are thinking about booking one of the trips with the Tour Operator during your stay, find out how long the journey will take from the hotel to the destination, as the coach will be making several stops to other hotels to pick up passengers. We went on the organised trip to the Aqua Park and it took 2 hours to get there due to the number of stops, so that day we were travelling for 4 hours!

Room Tip: Worth booking an apartment as opposed to a room in the hotel, particularly if you are taking very yo...
5  Thank Kerry W
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I came to Sur Menorca with my mum, sister, cousin and aunty. My sister, mum and I shared a room, and my cousin and auntie's room was next door to us (which was good). The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfy as well. We were on the 3rd floor which we asked for and we asked to be together.

The staff were extremely nice and helpful, especially Sarah (the rep). And the 3 entertainers worked very hard day and night to make sure everyone was happy and having fun! The cleaners were very good at there job also. Some staff at the bar weren't as friendly as the others though. The nice man who drove the mini bus was really kind to us and let us put our giant lilo in the back of his bus. Staff at reception were kind as well.
There was a wide range of food at the restaurant for every meal and I enjoyed it. :)

I really had a great holiday and want to come back when the water park is built.

4  Thank emily f
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Travelled 12-19th July family of 4 (me and my partner and our 5 year old and almost 1 year old).
First family holiday abroad so was apprehensive but no need to be. Clean hotel, had a room on 3rd floor (had requested lower but 3rd was fine). Arrived at lunchtime and room was ready so wristbands went on and we were in time for lunch. Good choice of hot,fresh food on the buffet, plenty of tables available. 5 year old is extremely fussy eater but he was well catered for. Only issue I had was with the highchairs, no straps or bar inbetween babies legs so could have easily fallen out if one of us hadn't been very closely supervising him. Fed him in the pushchair a few times until I was confident he wasn't going to slide out.

Room was basic but nice and clean even provided bedding for baby travel cot. Could have done with a bath but coped with just a shower. Air con was very welcome and worked perfectly meant we all slept very comfortably. Had a pool view and could see the entertainment stage very well which was a bonus as some evenings we went up earlyish put children to bed and sat on balcony to enjoy entertainment.

Pool area very clean, usual sunbed issue as others have said they are kept locked until the lifeguard unlocked them, time varied between 8 and 9am. Some people reserved spaces using the plastic pool chairs and towels and then replaced with sunbeds once unlocked! We always managed to get a space near the kids pool most days although we were there before the main school holidays had started. Kids loved the pool and were able to use their inflatables in the small pool. There was another pool a little walk away still on the hotel site but it was very cold and a bit of a walk from the bar!

Staff were very friendly, the minibus to the beach/local shops was great the driver was very helpful always put the buggy into the minibus for us. Hotel shop sold a good range of items not too pricey.

Bar was always very busy but staff were polite and efficient. Entertainment team were brilliant lots to do, kids loved minidisco especially learning new dances and making new friends. Every other evening there was a bouncy castle/slide on the astroturf which I think was 3euros per child for 20 mins. This was great for wearing little ones out a bit more!

The rep from first choice was very helpful especially as we had a minor medical emergency during our stay,
All in all a reasonably priced holiday and a good experience for our first family holiday in the sun.

Room Tip: You can email the hotel direct to request a room or villa. Rooms facing pool are noisier especially...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MissTFK
Reviewed 18 August 2013

When we first arrived at hotel we were a little bit disappointed. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment which was spacious but tired and needed updating. Hotel was very very busy which is to be expected this time of year i know but the pool is just not big enough for a hotel of this size. Also, there was a mad rush for sunbeds at 9 am when they are unlocked by the lifeguard. There are not enough parasols either. However, I must say after a couple of days we really warmed to the place. It was probably 90% british with a few other nationalities. There were 4 of us travelling, me and my husband, 18 year old son and 7 year old daughter. We met some great families and that was part of what made the holiday great. The food was varied and always good quality. But the best thing were the entertainment team, Rafa, Ilka and Kristina. They worked so hard. They werent pushy and you could join in as much or as little as you like. The only thing I would say is there isnt much to do around the hotel. Punta Prima is about a half hour walk away. This has a beach and some shops and restaurants. The hotel runs a free bus to beach every day up until about 6pm. We only went for a week so apart from a couple of walks to sea and to Punta Prima we didnt venture far from hotel. All inclusive drinks choice is probably the most limited weve ever had but still enough to choose from. All in all, we ended up having a great week and would consider going back. A new water park is being built opposite the hotel in 2015 and I think this will improve the area a lot.

Room Tip: All two bedroom apartments are located away from the pool area.
4  Thank kimjr0berts
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have just returned from the hotel last night after a 2 week stay. I have read the mixed reviews on here about the hotel so here is my take on it.
The kids club team are fantastic, work really hard and my 7 year old absolutely loved them. Highlights for her were going to mini club and the mini disco everyday and playing with lots of friends by the pool each day. Not ideal for everyone, but fantastic for under tens.
The hotel is quite tired and needs a revamp. The corridors to the rooms in the main hotel are pretty grim and are in need of new carpets and the walls repainting. The rooms are spotlessly clean and are maintained by friendly cleaners.
The food was plentiful and varied but as someone who does not eat red meat or fish, at times I found it difficult, yesterday's lunch was beef casserole or pork chops, ham on the salad bar (no cheese apart from grated) so resorted to salad again. Some of the kids choices were ok, but on the whole my 7 year old ate pasta and grated cheese or salad for 2 weeks. The kids buffet of things like fish shapes, tinned spaghetti and hot dogs was often being eaten mostly by adults! There was the opportunity to taste Menorcan cheeses on 3 nights of our stay. It is a shame there was not more traditional things to try, but the hotel is catering for the tastes of its customers. There is loads of fruit on offer at meal times which was good.
The courtesy bus service to Punta Prima is good and you can order picnics to take out with you. The hotel location is good as the transfer to the airport is about 15 minutes and there are some lovely beaches nearby.
There is free wifi but only in the hotel lobby,which meant it was permanently filled with teenagers using ipads. You can pay for better wifi.
The clientele is mixed between people who are wanting to get as much value for money out of all inclusive and people who want the convenience of not having to think too much about paying for things. We fell into the second category.
We went there for a no fuss family holiday and my daughter loved every minute of it.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Helen J Sibbald
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Great hotel and value for money. Great animation. Food good and rooms fine and clean. Can't believe previous condescending comment made about less classy guests not appreciating Spanish dancing - everyone enjoyed on my stay. Lovely time and would definitely go back.

4  Thank Steve B
PortBlue San Luis
PortBlue San Luis
#1 of 3 in S'Algar
Sol Milanos Pinguinos

Been to Hotel Club Sur Menorca? Share your experiences!