This charming old mansion is a delight. Architecture and grounds are typical Spanish provincial and in a peaceful setting. Room was spacious and nice bathroom, with little terrace. Staff were amazingly friendly and obliging. We have a 13month old and they arranged a cot at no notice on Sunday evening (agent forgot to tell the hotel) and nothing was too much trouble. I must say this isn't a child friendly place generally, although the staff would have taken bub home I reckon. We are blessed with a good baby, but other guests were not happy when we turned up for dinner the first night pushing a pram. They all warmed to her over 5 days though.
The restaurant is as good as it gets. Breakfast and dinner are fabulous, but dinner in particular is first class.
We would recommend this to couples, probably not for kids although a young baby would be fine (if they aren't a screamer!) we would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alcaufar Vell is situated within one of the most beautiful and tranquil natural reserves in south-east Minorca, surrounded by lovely beaches with clear waters and fine sand, it also has a leafy, wooded ravine, an ancient watchtower looking out over the Mediterranean, a kilometer of virgin coastline, and almost 250 acres of land for long walks. It has an enjoyable, friendly and family atmosphere with the comfort and independence of guests given maximum priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Alcaufar Vell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcaufar Vell Hotel Sant Lluis Es
- Alcaufar Vell Spain/Minorca - Sant Lluis