You arrive up an unmade, dusty road; not a good first impression. But then you see the Alcaufar Vell...ancient, delightful, rustic. Every aspect of this enchanting hotel is authentic, respectful of history and tradition, and welcoming. My wife and I stayed for just one night, bed and breakfast,
and it was lovely. The public rooms are more like a museum, this grand Finca preserved as it was many years ago. The bedrooms...we stayed in the old main house...are very large and tastefully but conservatively appointed. There is a lift hidden in the spine of the otherwise period building.
Breakfast was a wonderful treat....a room full of fresh island produce in a lovely white setting.
The staff were warm and welcoming. Go and see for yourself...a Mediterranean jewel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alcaufar Vell is situated within one of the most beautiful and tranquil natural reserves in south-east Minorca, surrounded by lovely beaches with clear waters and fine sand, it also has a leafy, wooded ravine, an ancient watchtower looking out over the Mediterranean, a kilometer of virgin coastline, and almost 250 acres of land for long walks. It has an enjoyable, friendly and family atmosphere with the comfort and independence of guests given maximum priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Alcaufar Vell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcaufar Vell Hotel Sant Lluis Es
- Alcaufar Vell Spain/Minorca - Sant Lluis