We spent 9 nights in L'Arcada de Fares in August 2013, 2 adults and our 2.5yo daughter. Although we had seen the positive reviews, we were impressed by the overall quality of the place and really enjoyed our stay: clean and spacious room with elegant decoration (Rossinyol), efficient and professional staff, clean swimming pool, great restaurant, kids playground (there were lots of kids, and all families seemed to enjoy the place).
On the to-improve side:
* We were a bit disappointed by the breakfast (small buffet, not much choice), but perhaps that's common in Spain (we're from Switzerland).
* The doors to the swimming pool were often left open and one of them directly communicates with the kids playground, which is dangerous given the amount of (sometimes unsupervised) kids playing around.
* The reception desk only opens at 9:30am, so you officially can't check out before that time (unless you arrange with the staff in advance).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'Acada de Fares is a small charming complex of 18 tourist apartments integrated in a restored traditional catalan house from the 15th century: Studios, apartments with 1, 2 or 4 bedrooms. Ideal for families, couples and groups. We are situated between the Costa Brava and the Pyrenees. In our large garden you’ll be able to enjoy a swimming pool, an ecological orchard, a solar oven, a barbacue, a playing area and a bar-restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Agoda so you can book your L'Arcada de Fares reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.