“Good clean hotel”

Felixstowe England
“Good clean hotel”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Stayed for one night 1st-2nd oct 2011
Rooms a good size also very clean with tea and coffee making facilaties, very good bathroom.
Great breakfast for a little bit extra. Staff very friendly, especially the Ipswich town supporter
Would use again.

Room Tip: Room number 4 at the back of the building
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sulomvo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I found hotels in the area either very expensive for a single traveller, or unavailable, so I was pleased to get in here and it was geographically convenient for where I was going in the evening. Staff were friendly and pleasant. Room was very large and spacious. Room facilities included tea and coffee making and TV, but there was no hairdryer in the drawer, just an instruction booklet for it. The bathroom mirror /shaving light and the extractor weren't working. Bed was clean and comfortable.
Main drawback is the noise from the railway - not the trains themselves, but the frequent beeping of the level crossing alarm. Fortunately I had ear plugs with me. This meant I didn't hear my own alarm clock the next day! However, breakfast wasn't included in my room rate, so I didn't feel I had wasted any money when I had to dash off without it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank singletraveller59
Baschurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed over for one night on the 22nd June 2011 whilst in the area sorting our my grandfather's estate and received a very warm welcome on arrival as well as friendly and helpful service throughout my stay. The room was basic but very spacious with all the usual facilities available including en-suite bathroom, coffee making facilities, tv, free wi-fi (a great plus to me), trouser press and hair dryer.

Located within a minute's walk of the train station it is in a great location for commuting to London, though be aware that you can obviously hear the trains going by (not a problem to me as I live near a railway line) and the level crossing barriers sound their warning and close about every 5-10 minutes but again didn't bother me or affect my stay at all.

The hotel is also pub with eating facilities and the menu may be basic but the food was fantastic (I had the Cajun Chicken followed by bread and butter pudding with custard) and most definitely homemade, even the coleslaw which accompanied my meal. Specials were also available.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again in the future when myself and my family arrange our trip to visit London as we can just get on a train so easily each day without having the cost of staying in London itself.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank SimplyPixie
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Stayed overnight as a friend and myself were at a 50th birthday party close by. Were impressed with size and comfort of room, albeit a little warm - we turned the radiator down and opened the window! Tea and coffee facilities with the usual toiletries, hairdryer etc all provided. There was no problem returning late after the party, the night porter was there to let us in and he welcomed us again at breakfast. The breakfast itself was well cooked, presented and huge; value for money indeed! The hotel situation was very good and would not hesitate in returning again to use as a base for the area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank cattle68
Santander, Spain
Reviewed 12 September 2009

For those who want to use rail transport, this hotel is less than 100metres from the station.
The trains can be heard but not loud enough to disturb your rest. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The pub food is first rate; breakfast, lunch and dinner are all available at very reasonable prices. You are made to feel at home from the moment you arrive. The room and en suite were spacious for the price and everything worked, including the TV! The village of Sawbridgeworth is very attractive, having all essential shops. The walks along the
the River Stort - as far as Harlow Mill and Bishops Stortford for the athletic - are delightful.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ea1th
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sawbridgeworth
Little Hallingbury Mill
Down Hall Country House Hotel
Down Hall Country House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Hatfield Heath
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,611 reviews

Been to Railway Hotel? Share your experiences!