“Hotel, Restaurant, Pub - All-In-One”
Review of Railway Hotel

Railway Hotel
Railway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sawbridgeworth
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I used this hotel to meet a friend over from Cyprus for a few days. It was a Monday lunchtime, so fairly quiet. We entered the pub to find a large, clean bar-room with plenty of tables and chairs. The optics and pumps were gleaming. This to me along with clean toilets, is the sign of a well-run pub. After ordering a drink we perused the fairly comprehensive English pub food menu. We both settled for a sausage and onion baguette, this was served with salad and chips. We both thought they were very tasty. The staff were friendly and chatty which gave the pub a nice atmosphere. Although I didn't stay there myself, I would recommend it based on the quality of the pub alone. If you need to stay local, stay here!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I booked the Railway hotel based on the reviews of others and I'm happy to say the Railway hotel was good. The hotel has apart from the rooms also a restaurant + pub area where a lot of people includings locals were staying on the night we stayed. On arrival we were welcomed by a friendly owner and shown to our bedroom
The room we had was very spacious and tidy and allthough close to the railway we were not disturbed by any noise. The double room we had did not have a very large bed, if this is important to yo ask for a twin room The hotel has a large carpark also handy if you have car and trailer with you on your travels. Next morning we had a cooked breakfast (not included in the roomprice) which was plentyfull. The staff at breakfast was friendly and helpfull.
Would stay again.

In Sawbridgeworth there are a couple of restaurants, the trains from the next door stations take you into London.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

It's next to the Sawbridgeworth train station. However, there's limited train service to this small station. I either had to take the 1hr earlier train or take the 30 min earlier train and transfer somewhere else, which means 15 more minutes longer trip and more expensive ticket.

The town is 15 min walk away with a few basic restaurants. There's a bar at the hotel, offers a few beers on tap with good price. The staff is very nice and goes out of their way to help.

The room is huge, same size as most American hotels. The shower curtain can use a curved curtain hanger as the tub is pretty narrow.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed for 1 night for a family Birthday. Good value for money, large room with everything you need. The staff very friendly. Good breakfast. Would highly recommend this hotel and you can hardly hear the trains.

Room Tip: We stayed in the ground floor, very large rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2012

recently stayed here as we were going to the olympics and needed easy access into London. Brilliant value for money, large clean bathroom and large clean rooms with tea and coffee making facilities and TV. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the wonderful breakfast cooked and served by Peter was the icing on the cake!! We will definately be staying there again on our future trips to London.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed here last weekend whilst visiting friends in Sawbridgeworth. I booked a room for single occupancy at £44.99 per night. This rate does not include breakfast but all the items available were at a reasonable price.

I was given a very large room with two single beds which I thought was excellent. The room was very good. It had a TV and tea and coffee making facilities and a good sized bathroom.

Although it is across the road from the station I was not aware of noise from the trains.

It is about a 10 minute walk up to the main part of Sawbridgeworth where all the shops and restaurants are.

For location and cost I thought it was very good and I would return again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2012

never stayed here ,but the food is brilliant ,eaten here many times ,staff are friendly and the beers are well kept ,would recomend .

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sawbridgeworth
Little Hallingbury Mill
#1 of 1 in High Wych
2 Bursteads Cottages
2 Bursteads Cottages
#1 of 1 in Sawbridgeworth

Been to Railway Hotel? Share your experiences!