“Not so Good Friday” 1 of 5 bubbles

Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not so Good Friday”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I visited Brigg today to see some family and I went for a walk into the town centre and noticed a fish and chip shop so I thought I would give it a go, to say it was Good Friday I expected it to be busy but it wasn't, anyway so I walked in and ordered a large fish and chips , while I was waiting the man who served me was so rude and ignorant and didn't speak at all , when I got back to my aunties house I unwrapped the fish and it looked terrible! The fish was gross! The batter was far to thick and greasy , the chips were cold and tasteless not very impressed at all and to say I ordered a large fish it was the size of a small !!! Will not be returning here again!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Cole567

“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I have visited this place 3 times now and have been very happy each time. The food is very nice and the deserts are just to die for!! I used to go to the hungry fisherman also in brigg but the atmosphere and the food stinks. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the fish was each time we have visited this chip shop. We sat upstairs in their restaurant and it was very clean and very nice. Will definitely be visiting again soon :)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kirstycl
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Very tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Visited here today with my husband & granddaughter. The fish & chip special was very good. Chips were some of the best we have tasted. They were not soaked in fat like some are. My granddaughter had sausage chips & gravy. She cleaned her plate. I am sure we will visit her again next time we visit Brigg. The staff were cheerful & helpful & all looked smart. The ambience of the restaurant was bright & clean.

• Visited April 2014
Brigg, United Kingdom
“Good chunky chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We visited here on a Saturday night, party of 5 adults & 1 child. Food very good, waiter very friendly, my only concern was as someone who uses a stick was the stairs which have a turn in them was they only have a handrail at one side so I had no problem going up, I felt a little unsafe coming down. Having said that we would visit again. We ordered 3 small fish & chips, 1 large fish & chips, 1 broccoli bake & a child's plate of chips plus tea for 2, a bottle of bud, a pint of carling & a pint of shandy & the bill came to £42:00.

Brigg, United Kingdom
“Superb Fish and Chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Always been good as a takeaway but new restaurant to sit and enjoy freshly cooked is great. Smart and cosy surroundings, cheerful and helpful staff. Variety of dishes on offer will be trying others on next visit.

• Visited January 2014