“Pleasant visit”

Elsham Hall Gardens and Country Park
Ranked #5 of 8 things to do in Brigg
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We weren't expecting too much from our visit but the weather was warm and sunny which made it a pleasant day. The grounds are little unkept in places but the slightly unusual walled garden is worth a look along with the mud cottage. The water in the lake is not very clear but we still enjoyed feeding the numerous large fish and even spotted an eel. The animals and birds will be of interest to children but the highlight of our visit was a peacock giving us the full display in the car park as we were about to leave! It's a good place to go for a picnic and a walk on a sunny day.

2  Thank SwishyMichy
in 4 reviews
"animals looked happy"
"play park"

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Having checked on the website that Elsham was open during half term I set off with my three children to visit a place I had enjoyed as a child. On reaching Elsham I drove all the way up the drive way (the front gate showed an "open" sign). I was just getting out of the car (the three boys had spotted a peacock and were getting excited) when a lady from The Barn (function room etc) told me that because of bad weather they had decided to close for the day. Apart from the weather not being that bad there was no sign at the front entrance and nothing advising me on the website to check in case of bad weather. There was a wedding taking place that day and I think they had decided to concentrate on that. I emailed Elsham but nobody had the decency to email a reply.

3  Thank Maviscruet2014
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My parents, and my wife and I visited here.

It had been raining heavily the past couple of days so it was a little muddy but still perfectly ok to walk around. The highlights were the fish lakes, the mud cottage, the walled garden and the 5 day old piglets which my wife adored (I think we left them all there, despite my wife's threats to put one in her handbag!)

A nice place to escape for a couple of hours.

Having said that, probably a place to visit only once.

2  Thank crispy220278
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was not impressed with our visit. We live nearby so don't like to write this, but the gardens were not very well looked after, the place looked run down, un-cared for. I suppose it might be OK if you had kids because there were a few animals and some very dodgy looking kids play area. If you are over 35 and under 60, I would not bother wasting your money, there are better places to visit in the area.

2  Thank James B