“Disappointing”

Ranked #19 of 40 Restaurants in Brigg
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Been here before and the food is not what it used to be. Over priced, very small portions and quality of food very poor. Won't be going back

Reviewed 16 May 2014

After a walk around Brigg market we decided on something to eat. There was a good choice of cafés and restaurants in the town centre but we chose The Loft and ordered two "full English" breakfasts.
The place admittedly was very busy, however, the Cutlery was not clean, the portion (for the price we paid) was very small. One four inch sausage. One rasher of bacon, one tomato (undercooked), one large mushroom (VERY undercooked! - to the extent that we think that this was the only cause of a stomach upset later in the day), One desert spoon of beans, one slice of toast with butter that had melted and an egg either on overlooked yolk and runny white!

My wife chose poached egg, and I chose fried. When if arrived they gave my rife the fried egg without even asking which annoyed my wife as she feels uncomfortable with her weight.

Small meal and a coffee for over £12 ...no way, we will not visit here again!

1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Visit regularly and the quality of the food is always very good

That is why we keep going back for more

Staff are pleasant and service is good

Reviewed 8 March 2014

For friendly service, good value and choice The Loft deserves a visit. There is always a busy buzz and I always feel comfortable either alone or with friends for a coffee and a big piece of their lovely homemade cake, the coffee and walnut is really good.
For a tasty homecooked lunch in Brigg The Loft is always my first choice and I've had everything from cheese on toast and a bacon butty to one of their hearty steak pies or sausage and mash, not to forget the puddings and the variety of coffees - I usually have the cappuccino which is lovely and hot served with a biscuit plus I always ask for a glass of tapwater which the staff are happy to serve free of charge.
I went this week with my daughter, we both had a toasted panini with salad and coffee and the bill was around £11 in total - very good value i think!

Keep up the good work, we will be returning :)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I use the Loft frequently - the reason being that it is without question the best value , well prepared and served food for miles around ! The staff are extremely pleasant and very efficient . Who wouldn't expect to wait when it is obviously busy ? The food is always well presented and plentiful with a varied set menu and a regularly changed " Specials Board " . I've recommended this restaurant to many of my friends who have all thanked me and have spoken well about their meals at the Loft .