“Not a deli” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
South Wingfield, United Kingdom
“Not a deli”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is not a deli and only a diner in a very loose sense of the word. It is more of a transport cafe - which is fine if I am not with the wife, but not fine if I am. I was with her today. I had a bacon sandwich - cheap cob, very salty poor quality bacon - and a mug of tea (at least it was a mug), served with UHT milk! The wife had toast (cheap white bread) and a mug (she hates mugs) of 'filter coffee'. I noticed people eating breakfasts and it reminded me of the transport cafes my Dad took me to when the females weren't present. Great for boys, not for girls. Move to the side of a main road and lose the word Deli from the title.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

A very nice little cafe with friendly staff and a great breakfast! Very good value for money in my opinion.

Visited May 2014
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Great food, I regularly buy their pasta/salad pots and they are delicious, I also eat in with my family occasionally my children really enjoy their childrens meals which have plenty of choice. Also the deli brunch although very filling is worth a try. All the food I have had from the deli has always been very good and we've never had any complaints.

• Visited April 2014
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

My husband & I visited this diner on Wednesday. My husband had never been to Brigg before so we popped by on route to the garden centre. It was bitterly cold & raining, As it was almost lunch time we decided to go into the Deli diner. We were very pleasantly surprised . It was very clean & friendly. The food all home made was delicious & freshly cooked. We even bought cakes to take home to have with our daughter, son-in-law & granddaughter. All cleaned their plates. The kitchen is on view so you can see there are no hidden extras with your order . We will definitely be going back.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ann R
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We've been so disappointed lately with the low quality restaurant food available but on a rainy Saturday we dashed into this little deli on the cobbled marketplace to get out of the rain. Having our two kids with us we just hoped it would be edible. We all ordered breakfast and i was SHOCKED. The coffee was DRINKABLE! Not instant, not sour. Gorgeous, lovely, velvety coffee that was obviously made fresh. Our orange juice came from the refrigerator case in plastic bottle, but the quality was amazing and the size generous. I didn't order the sausage because well, you never know who's got quality and who doesn't and i just didn't feel like trying to dodge that bullet. My husband generously offered me a slice of his and it was so good i went back up to the counter and ordered my own. FANTASTIC. This is our new fav. Saturday breakfast location, absolutely GORGEOUS. I almost didn't want to post a review because i didn't want everyone to catch on, there are no big queues now, but once word gets out, the lines will be going around the block! Paid about £23.00 for the four of us with OJ all around, 2 coffees (and perhaps a second OJ in there?) Great value for money!

• Visited January 2014