“Lovely Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brigg
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Stay”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Loved this unusual Lodge Hotel and Eatery. Our room was comfortable, clean and warm! The staff and management were lovely and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was excellent cooked to order and service was quick and efficient..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnBish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I recently stayed at Artie's mill and couldn't of wished for anything more very friendly staff great food and room was loverly can not wait to stay again in a few months. Thanks for making my stay so pleasant Susanna and staff xx

Room Tip: I would defiantly recommend staying at Artie's mill x
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

After hearing good things about this place and the god quality good value Carvery, me and a friend thought we would give it a go. I really wish we hadn't!

Even driving onto the premises I must admit to have had some doubts, the land looked unkept and scruffy, and their was visible builders 'crap' and just stuff everywhere! To be honest, it almost looked deserted it was such a mess, but we were hungry and had drove 10 miles so thought we would give it a try.

Inside was no better, worn, dirty carpets, dirty windows, a stale smell through the place. First girl at bar was very helpful told us where to go for Carvery etc.. Told we would need to wait 10 mins while the Carvery was refilled.

Food was what can only be described as disgusting. Their was barely a selection of veg and what their was was pure mush, the meat was bland and tasted of nothing, and the gravy didn't taste of much more! Presentation was appalling and the man carving the meat was very scruffy.

The thought of the whole visit makes me feel sick just thinking about it. I can safely say I will never step foot here again if you paid me! A Sunday roast costs very little to produce. They should be ashamed they have the nerve to charge even £5 for that poor standard!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank TJO_1990

Travellers are raving about these Brigg hotels

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We absolutely LOVE it at Artie's. The accommodation is excellent. The food is outstanding with massive portions cooked fresh and home made. Their steaks are to die for! Their Sunday carveries are scrumptious. The staff are lovely. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Very reasonable prices for drinks, food and accommodation. The icing on the cake for us is the animals. We love to see them all and it is like a petting farm but you can enjoy a quiet drink while your children play. Wonderful heavenly place we just keep going back time and time again.

Stayed February 2014
Catterick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My husband and I recently got married and had our reception at Artie's mill, we had previously taken our family's there for a Sunday dinner that was fantastic very good portions friendly and welcoming staff.

Plenty of choice of veg and meat was lovely and tender. We have a two year old who very much enjoyed all the animals and activities outside, we all sat at the wooden tables and didn't have to chase him around as is situated in a safe area and have plenty of animals that he was taken too. Places we sometimes go we struggle to entertain him were as we were free to relax and enjoy time with our family's wile he was on bouncy castles and trampolines among other things.

As approaching time for our wedding we had help all the way through. My husband is in the army and had lots of friends from across the country attending with the help of Artie's mill staff we got all who needed rooms booked in and all had a fantastic stay great bathrooms and spotless. The breakfast in the morning was plenty full with cereals and a full English, hot and cold drinks. There were all the daily news papers and staff we're once again helpful and polite.

With it being the morning after a wedding there were a few late to breakfast but the staff did not mind at all and catered for us all.

I would recommend anyone I know to go stay and enjoy the family atmosphere and great food !

• Stayed November 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at Artie's a few times and have to say it is DEFINITELY my favourite place to stay in the whole of the UK!

Where can I start.. The staff are all amazing, could not do enough for you, they will literally do anything they can to make sure that your time here is perfect!! Catering all your every need and nothing is too much trouble!!

The food is absolutely gorgeous.. It is all served with ample portions and you can really tell the care and thought has gone into every meal and dish! Lots of variety to cater for all tastes and great prices!!

The rooms are clean, very comfy, spacious and have everything you need!

Artie's animals are what makes it for me, not only is the place perfect but the animals just top it off, they have a huge variety of exotic and farm animals which are all on display and you can tell they are so loved and cared for so well! The animals are their for the public to see as well as being private pets, I love the micro pigs and the Pygmy goats!!

ARTIES MILL IS BRILLIANT I COULD NOT FAULT IT AT ALL! A credit to the people that run it and help make it an amazing place!

Thank you for making our time here brilliant, especially Susanna!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Firstly I would like to say that I completely disagree with the negative comments below!! Upon arriving on a Sunday, we were checked in to the lodge by a smiley well presented receptionist who offered us help with our bags, told us that today was carvery day, and checked us into our spacious (I would call luxury) kingsize room which was room 8. The room itself was very up to date, the furnishings were very modern and the place was spotless! After getting settled in our room we soon decided to get a bite to eat so walked the 50m or so to the restaurant where we were met once again by friendly staff. The reasonably priced carvery was to die for, the turkey beef and pork were so tender and wasn't given in small amounts either! All the veg was presented well and the Yorkshire puddings were the best I've ever had! After filling up, we wandered outside to see the animals and my daughter squealed in delight as there was so many! Overall our stay was fantastic and we can't wait until our next visit!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brigg
Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Travelodge Scunthorpe
Travelodge Scunthorpe
#2 of 4 in Scunthorpe
Albert House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Arties Mill & Lodge? Share your experiences!