“Dissapointed”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brigg
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I will be as fair & honest as I can. The staff are lovely & very helpful. I was very disappointed with the standard & cleanliness of our room. Wall paper was peeling off the walls. Bed sheets had brown stains on them. Every where was covered in dust. The shower curtain didn't cover the length of the bath so the bathroom floor flooded every time we used the shower. The toilet seat was broken on the hinges causing a few problems when using it , I will let your imagination run with that one. Breakfast was ok in the morning but there was food on the floor not cleared up from the night before & evidence of slug/snail trails on the floor. The room needed a real makeover and lots of TLC. Real shame as the people were lovely as stated. We were there for a friends wedding and lots of people we met had the same issues as we have reported here

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Mike T
Arties M, Owner at Arties Mill & Lodge, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I am sorry to hear about your recent stay with ourselves. I can assure you that after reading your comments we have addressed the issues with our staff to ensure that they do not happen again.

I would of hoped that if there was a problem that this could have been addressed at the time and an alternative room could have been offered.

We would like to offer you a complimentary overnight stay with us as an apology and hope that this will change your views on Arties Mill and make you enjoy it here as much we do.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

After traveling all the way from John o groats for a visit back home I was surprised with a meal here met by a whole bunch of family and friends (40+). We had the conservatory to ourselves, the steak I had was fantastic and definitely got my money's worth, the majority went for the cavery which also looked fantastic and smelt great. I was very happy with my visit and would like to thank the staff for putting up with us all. Thoroughly recommend

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Giuseppe D
Arties M, Owner at Arties Mill & Lodge, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely comments, we enjoyed your company and hope to see you again soon when you are in the area!
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I had not read any reviews but for such a good price was surprised how fresh and pretty our room was. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful, finding out sports scores for a fellow diner. We enjoyed our dinner, my husband having a hearty meal which he enjoyed and I was able to have a smaller portion of fish with new potatoes. The mill is a lovely setting so we looked forward to breakfast which was good. I forgot medication but was soon contacted, and able to return to collect it.
We will stay again and will include a meal for our daughter and her family next time and I am sure the children will enjoy the gardens.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah W
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had our wedding at Arties Mill and it was wonderful! Susannah was there throughout the planning and gave very good advice with all our queries and questions. The day was fantastic, the food was brilliant and the staff made us feel amazing, just as it should be on your special day. Most of the guests stayed and the breakfast was great. We have since returned for several meals, the last one being yesterday, and have never been disappointed, and nobody makes chips like Arties!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jan G
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Came last year, food was 'ok' and rooms were a bit dated. Stayed recently and it's had such an improvement, staff really friendly, food brilliant and room was nice with Marilyn Monroe canvas on the wall etc. After reading the bad reviews, I doubted coming back but was very happy with the outcome.
Overall, pleasant experience and I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Go for a refurbished room as they are of amazing quality.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I came here for Sunday lunch as I've heard good reviews, I was very impressed, the service was fast and all staff are very friendly and the carvery is great, it's always stocked up, no faults with the place.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Zebra200
Brigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

WOW, a cosy, warm, family hotel. I had my full wedding at Artie's mill and IT WAS PERFECT. I had the bridal suit to get ready, with no extra charge. The staff set up every tiny detail of the day for me, leaving me stress feel. Susanna supported my children through our service and helped take photos. The hotel delivers a relax feel, but the staff work very hard. Nothing was an issue to any of them. Prices are very good, susanna runs her team brilliant, and the hotel and restaurants where perfect. We will never be able to thank Artie's mill enough for making our wedding weekend perfect from start to finish.

Room Tip: The staff will listen and deliver what ever request u have . our wedding photos are on Artie's m...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brigg
Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
#2 of 4 in Scunthorpe
Humber Royal Hotel
Humber Royal Hotel
#2 of 10 in Grimsby

Been to Arties Mill & Lodge? Share your experiences!