Arties Mill & Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$166
Travelodge
Ashbourne Hotel(North Killingholme)
US$145
US$141
Hallmark Hotel Hull(North Ferriby)
US$87
US$84
Hotels.com
Nightel Hotel(Kirmington)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We held a wedding party there last year and the whole thing was a disaster!! All the rooms where disgusting there was dried up sick outside one of the fire exit. There where two members of staff who looked like if they had a rope they might of used it. I am assuming it was the manageress who went behind the bar grabbed a hand full of money out the till, turns to one of the staff and said "am off shopping I will be back in 2hrs"
When we got the meals they didn't look very appetising.
The best thing about the day was the weather. I do hope somebody takes over this place before it sinks!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank 1234mark
Reviewed 5 April 2014

After reading some of these reviews I just had to add my comments!
We have stayed here a number of times and consistently we have found the rooms to be clean and comfortable, the food delicious and filling and the staff polite and chatty!
In fact we only stayed last week when the cat club stayed too! One lady said she had some ants in her room and the helpful lady on the desk offered to put ant powder down but the lady refused as was bad for her cat so could they Hoover which they did straight away! I can't believe this lady then put on the bad review as the staff bent over backwards to accommodate them. They were all enjoying themselves as far as me and my husband could see!
This had opened my eyes to trip advisor reviews and from now on will just make my own opinions!!
Thank you Artie's Mill, once again we had a wonderful stay!! And we will be back

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jwwhite
Arties M, Owner at Arties Mill & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your comments, people are very quick to post if they have an unfavourable experience, most of our customers love the place and come back time and time again, and like yourselves have a lovely time.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We recently came to a wedding here and after reading some of the rewiews i was worried about what we would see.

On arrival we arrived before check in and was worried our room wouldnt be ready but suprisly it wasnt a problem and was shown straight to our room.Having two children we had large room with two "put up" beds for the kids.Room was large and was very in keeping with the rest of the place.Lovely large bath (with a jacuzzi bath) the kids loved it !! Clean room with tea,coffe etc. very happy on first impressions !!

Animals were fab,Meercats were adorable !!

The wedding itself was perfect ..food great,and staff seemed only to happy to help !!
We stayed the whole weekend and would of happily stay longer.
No issues at all and everyone seemed to enjoy there stay.

Look forward to staying again

Many thanks Arties Mill ...super value for money !!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 1 are large double
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I've stayed in a lot of places, and a lot of cheap places, but this (not one of the cheaper ones!) is by far the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in.

Our room was overrun with ants - when we told staff they told us 'we vacuumed the ones we saw'.. great, thanks.

We had no hot water in the bathroom.

Towels that were used and left (as per instructions) in the bath for washing were simply folded up and rehung (still wet!)

The bathroom was never cleaned whilst we stayed (nor before we stayed, I'd imagine).

Bathroom light was broken.

TV was broken.

No wifi as advertised.

Mold in the shower.

Dirty mugs were supplied and we were expected to use them for tea.

Overall probably the worst experience I've ever had in a hotel. The only nice thing was the wildlife OUTSIDE my room, with peacocks, ducks, horses and pigs roaming around giving a nice quaint feel, however I get the impression the staff are so focussed on providing proper care for the animals (the pigs fresh straw beds were enviable) that they've forgotten that they're supposed to be a hotel, not a zoo.

The staff were rather dismal too, we arrived exhausted before midnight on our first night, were handed keys by a girl who really didn't care and told 'rooms are down the path'. It being pitch black outside (of course she didn't mention we had to go outside to find the rooms either, nor what side the path would be on) we had a hard time locating the 'path' and only found it when we spotted a helpful duck waddling around on it.

After many complaints were made, we finally met the manager (a miserable woman who either has lost all interest in the hotel or never had any to begin with) and were told, as a response to all of the complaints we had made and all the issues we raised that were never fixed, that 'the animals are rescues actually'... Our response to this? The animals weren't the problem, they were the only highlight! It was the rest of the place that was awful.

No point mentioning the food as breakfast was inedible and dinner arrived an hour after we ordered and was pretty vile too.

The only benefit? They allowed us to take our cats in, and they had a great time chasing the ants.

(I should add, we were in the hotel as a group so a number of rooms were sampled by all and not a single good word could be found)

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs. Do not stay here!! AVOID!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank Pepperonay

I am sorry to hear about your recent stay with ourselves. I can assure you that after reading your comments we have addressed the issues with our staff to ensure that they do not happen again.

I would of hoped that if there was a problem that this could have been addressed at the time and an alternative room could have been offered.

We would like to offer you a complimentary overnight stay with us as an apology and hope that this will change your views on Arties Mill and make you enjoy it here as much we do.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed here last week staying in the lodge as well as dining.
The food was very poor. It just simply did not taste good at all. I managed to eat some of it but i ended up leaving it and was still starving.
The service behind the bar... sorry we don't have change, half an hour later, sorry still no change... later still sorry no change. Excuse me i thought this was a business? How much change would you like me to keep on me! The staff, well pleasant enough. Would like to see more staff working however!
The Lodge. The accomodation is POOR. Very poor. The bathroom was dirty, mould growing around the shower. There wasnt even curtians in the bathroom! Of course there is the obscured glass, however as many people know, when you have the light on you can still see through obscurred glass. Not even a blind?!
There was a tv in the room. This didnt work. Well there is POWER but no signal. If you messed about with the aerial for long enough you could get a signal for about one channel but had to keep pushing the aerial back in every half hour.
For a similar price there are alot cleaner and better places in the area to stay.
Very disappointed!