“Nice pub nice staff food average.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bay Horse Inn

The Bay Horse Inn
Ranked #45 of 59 Restaurants in Cramlington
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Here at The Bay Horse Inn you'll find everything you'd expect from a good food pub in Cramlington - but with plenty of added sizzle. From our famous mouth-watering skillets and tasty British classics to our unbeatable value for money and warm, family-friendly atmosphere.
Northumberland
“Nice pub nice staff food average.”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We visit this pub a lot and its very nice.The staff and especially the landlady are really very pleasant.The customers who we notice are regulars especially for sunday lunch are also very nice.
Its a great family pub with a good atmosphere.
Having said all of that the food is just average.Its not expensive but still I expect a bit more.
The food is all frozen and nearly every time we order a meal something is missing from the order or the veg is half cooked or over cooked.The plates are cold except the sizzling meals of course.Its all a bit corporate as of course it is a big chain. However I think it is still the responsibility of the management to make sure even the basics are done correctly.When you go regularly you get a nice welcome and that does count for a lot.
Really worth a visit but if its for the food alone just expect average.The drink prices are not too bad and they send you offers if you join their mailing list.
Doreen C

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“not nice”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

we went here on sat night 15th march I ordered a mixed grill (classic) and wanted my steak rare but when it came it was well done and chewy , I sent it back and got my steak rare but was unable to eat it as it was full of grizzle and was not nice, the chicken was also dry very disappointing as we have been here before and had a nice meal

Newcastle
“I speak as I find”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Been there for the last 2 weeks for Fish & Chips Friday + a pint of carling and at £4.99 excellent value for money. Hand battered fish is delicious, chips are a little bit dry but overall well worth the money. Note in diary for Fridays lunches!!!

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“one of the best value places for a good meal”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We visit this pub on a regular basis and have rarely been disappointed, literally the only fault we have ever found is the unpredictability of the steaks, some times they are lovely and sometimes they would make good dog toys! We are quite partial to the mixed grill which always comes with a lovely chicken breast. If you are after a very reasonably priced tasty meal the smothered chicken takes some beating and a plus point for me is that they serve a VERY nice pint of Stones :)

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank keith b
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Change for the worse”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I used to love going to the bay horse for a bar meal and a pint. I never used to mind waiting longer during busy times because you knew the food was going to be nice. However, the menu had changed since my last visit and I was not impressed with the fish and chips. If you wait an hour for fish, you would expect it to be fresh, but this was most definitely frozen. Sad to say that I will not be rushing back to the bay horse in a hurry. On a positive note though the steaks used to be absolutely gorgeous. I saw a couple move out the kitchen on cast iron plates and they certainly smelled up to standard!

1 Thank neilmarshall2014