Tynemouth 61 Guest House and Tea Rooms
US$94
  • Beachfront
US$74
TripAdvisor
Athol House(South Shields)(Great Value!)
US$77
The Chedburgh Hotel(Whitley Bay)
US$63
US$101
US$94
Grand Hotel(Tynemouth)
TripAdvisor
Little Haven Hotel(South Shields)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront streetb bhadrian's wall walkdormer windowstayed herewalled gardentea room iscoast to coastlovely guesthousebeautiful roombyron roomlovely tea gardenafternoon teafamily weddinggreat hostsbars and restaurantswonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed all family at this place. A really nice place, great location and good breakfast. The room was big, clean and lovely. Nice service. We don't have anything what stop us to book again when we will be at this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed for a weekend in a rear-facing room which was nice and quiet and quite well equipped though it and the en-suite could have been a bit cleaner. Breakfast was nice and served promptly and I had no problems with the shower either, both issues which were mentioned in other reviews on here. Both the manager and the owner were very pleasant and helpful and the B&B is excellently positioned for both Tynemouth and the Metro into Newcastle. Am planning on visiting the area again and would seriously consider staying here when I do.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room at the back. I stayed the weekend of the Newcastle/Sunderland match and although there were people in the street outside after the match I couldn't hear them while I was in my room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed for one night on Saturday for a wedding reception at a nearby hotel. We had a good, well decorated room and clean bathroom. Lovely breakfast the next morning and there is a very hospitable team working there. There was a bit of noise from the nearby pubs and bars but that's what you get from an older building with single glazing in a lively location!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed just one night at the No 61 Guest House this summer, in June and were lucky enough to get one of their top story rooms with great harbor views. We were so pleasantly surprised by the beautifully appointed room, brand new bathroom, and even more so by the incredibly customized breakfast. We are eating grain free, gluten free, and the hosts made every effort to make our breakfast just as we liked it. Delicious fresh baked gluten-free scones, fresh farm eggs, and the tea warmers are a sight to be seen. I think they were hand-knit by one of the family members.
Abigail is a great baker and should start a side business by baking her almond cakes and other gluten and grain free cakes and pastries.
We were sorry we couldn't stay longer -
Tynemouth was also a surprise - the front part of town has a wonderful selection of restaurants and a great waterfront.

Room Tip: ask if there's a "view" room available - Ask for breakfast options if you have special dietary needs or wishes
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DDolatschko
Reviewed 28 August 2013

An outside garden (as well as an indoor room) away from the hustle & bustle of the high street, rapid service pay on exit at the hive of the kitchen door complete with smiles, Quiche delicious, and the best topped chunk of carrot cake I've tried and believe me I've tried a few! Homemade choice of scone on cream tea however, I believe you should get your jam and clotted cream in separate dishes to construct your self also just a small point 2 pots of tea should be that not 1 pot to share as 1) liked at different strengths and temperatures and the pot contained enough for 3 cups not 4. but very nice. Young waitress somewhat timid to speak and requires more opaque leggings! But don't let any of that put you off. I will certainly return to try the other cakes. Not sure I'd like all those folk outside my room window if I was a guest having rest in my room, but it is in the heart of the High(front) street however the place comes highly recommended by neighbouring hotel. I'm sure the breakfast would be tasty judging our tearoom visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple