“Wonderful”

Description: Adjacent to Tynemouth Park
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Food was delicious. Very clean cosy restaurant lovely atmosphere and Dud the guy who served us made us feel very welcome was very friendly and attentive. Will be back very soon. Thanks for a lovely meal.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank louise_wood09

Newcastle, Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Nice warm welcome got given our menu's and showed to our seats, waited 20 minuties for our starters mains followed shortly after. great food, great service would recommend it!

• Visited December 2013
London
“Good Quality Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Visited the Plaza for a meal with my mother. The food was good the surroundings comfortable. The staff were helpful in deciding what to order making many suggestions. They made my meal more spicy and made sure my mothers wasn't too overpowering for her. They also advised me to order less than I had originally planned to. All in all nice meal helpful attentive staff.

Visited November 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and service, debatable environment”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The staff were very friendly, and seemed very genuine when it came to customer service. The food was great, though portion size was a little big for my liking. The only issue I had was in the ladies bathroom, when I got a rather nasty surprise in the form of spiders on the ceiling!

• Visited October 2013
North Shields, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Restaurant Service And Food Second To None”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Once again another great night at the Plaza Tandoori in Tynemouth.

It was our 22nd wedding anniversary so we booked a booth. We arrived to a warm welcome from the staff.

As it was a Thursday night there was a special on as it was Thali Night.

This special comprised of a choice of 6 starters, you then have a choice of 3 of the following Chicken, Lamb, Prawn or Veg in a choice of 17 sauces. Side dishes you have the choice of 4 and a choice of rice 5 different ones and a choice of 4 nans all for the set price of £10.95 per person. We opted for the Onion Bhaji and Tandoori Mixed Kebab for our starters. When they arrived nice presentation and very tasty (Pictures below). For our main course we opted for the Chicken, Lamb and Prawn in the following styles, Balti, Korma, Badonia, East Bengal, Dupiaza and Jalfrezi. Our side dishes were Sag Aloo and Bombay Aloo with Boiled Rice and Mushroom Pilau with a plain Nan and a garlic Nan. Perfect presentation, spices just right and perfect taste. (pictures below)

To accompany our meal we chose a white house wine which was very nice. Also I had 2 pints of draught Cobra larger (Ice cold)

One of our waiters DUD (pronounced Dude) who has been there for 9 years now is very pleasant and friendly. His knowledge of the food is very good as I followed his recommendation for my main course choice and I was not disappointed.

Total bill including drinks was £41.40. Good value for your money.

Would recommend a visit if you have not been before

• Visited September 2013