“Very nice Fathers Day treat”

Davanti Pizza & Italian Restaurant

Keep this simple

Food choice very good
Quality very good
Atmosphere very relaxed
Service very poor but not the servers each one very nice just the place ain't set up to be efficient, but chill & relax food & drinks do arrive
Dessert was poor
Will still defo return, nice place to go

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Booked table well in advance for 8 people to celebrate two birthdays. Requested a table near the window, which they said we could have. When we arrived we were given a table in the darkest part of the restaurant behind a brick wall, when questioned they said another table would not be free for another 30 minutes. Drinks were ordered but when they arrived one was wrong and one didn't even get theirs. Garlic bread was burnt and had to be sent back. One main meal came out as risotto when should have been pasta. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Louise T
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We visited here wednesday night around 6ish, we were meeted and greated very politley by the owner and other waiting staff who showed us to our table and gave us the menus, happy hour normal al a carte and drinks menus all with lots of choice great!! We ordered our drinks which came promtley great house red wine well worth it nice and fruity.We ordered the king prawn tempura wow there huge and full of flavour the dip is lush. I had scallop and prawn egg fettucini which was so tasty and juicey lovely cant fault it. my parnter had surf and turf which was superb he has it rare and not many places can do it rare and keep the middle warm but this place can, you can cut it with a butter knife and the flavour he said was devine!!! didnt have room for dessert after all of that but did have the coffee to top the meal off it was delightful.The restaurant is very nicely decorated authentic and cosy the toilets are fabulous top class you would think it was a 5 star hotel with those toilets superb.we will definatley be returnign to davanti again might not be this one as a first time davanti i want to try the rest now definatley worth a visit.

1  Thank Donna L
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Have only eaten from the lunchtime special menu but the food is always great and can't fault the price. The staff are friendly and the restaurant is lovely and clean with a nice atmosphere. Eat here every time we visit Tynemouth.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Like it's branch on East Parade, Whitley Bay, the Tynemouth Metro branch (: probably the HQ :) of Davanti's offers excellent food at very reasonable prices.

As I mentioned in my review of the Whitley Bay branch, I travel and eat around a lot but have not eaten Italian food this good (: certainly not at these moderate prices :) anywhere else - including Italy. I haven't tried the risotto at Whitley Bay but Tynemouth's mushroom risotto is absolutely divine and is hands down the best I've ever eaten. The flavour, taste, consistence all perfect. You must try this if you visit this restaurant.
I have also tried their risotto with chicken in a spicy sauce and that's very good too although I'm not too big a fan of chicken in risotto. The complimentary starter of bread comes with a different spiced butter (: with chili or paprika I think :) here and although it is good, I do prefer the Whitley Bay branch's spiced herb butter or whatever it exactly is. The olive pate that is included is just as good as the Whitley Bay version.
I also had the bruschetta with tomatoes and parmesan and that was pretty good too.
Décor is very nice with a strong black and dark wood presence with green walls. Very strong ambiance. It's probably best at night although I've only seen it during the day. They do have a separate private dining room for groups (: same menu prices don't worry :) who book in advance and request private space.
Staff are very pleasant and helpful; many seem to be from Italy.
Excellent value for money. Amongst the very best Italian restaurants I've been to. Please read my review of Davanti's on East Parade, Whitley Bay for more info.

1  Thank harshapaulraj