“Great value tuition”

Longsands Surf School
Ranked #12 of 16 things to do in Tynemouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing on Longsands. We operate a Surf School and Surf Club on Tynemouth Longsands beach situated at the bottom of the ramp next to Crusoe’s cafe. Our surf instructors are fully qualified lifeguards and are qualified with either the Academy of surfing instructors or SurfingGB coaching certificates. All equipment is supplied, surfboards, wetsuits, boots and gloves if needed, all you need to bring is swimwear and a towel.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great value tuition”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My 10 year old daughter attends the surf school most Sunday mornings and absolutely loves it. She managed to surf last season from April until first weekend in December!! She has responded really well to the excellent tuition from Barry and his team. The wetsuits that can be hired are of excellent quality along with the boards - £15 for two hours tuition including suit and board hire seems pretty good value to me. Barry even managed to get my 6 year old surfing last weekend!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Caroline1970t

north shields
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Longsands Surf School”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My 8 year old son tried surfing with Longsands Surf school and absolutely loves it. The instructors are great with the kids and make the lessons fun. Barry has an obvoious raport with the group and his love and enthusiasm for surfing easily comes across. Only problem is my son cannot wait for the next lesson! Looks like I'm buying a surf board for him!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank scottbisset
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Second to none!”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My grandson took surf lessons last summer with Longsands ! What can I say! From zero to hero during first lesson! Barry the " hands- on teacher" has utmost patience, he is in water with them at all times,encouraging,demonstrating, but,putting safety first from the get go! Kids and adults do a warm up session first, every lesson! Life guards are present at all times! To see the thrill of my grandson standing up on the board, first lesson! Well you couldn't make it up! Grin from ear to ear! Charlie continued after surf camp throughout the season! Can't recommend or praise enough, nor know of any surf school finer!

Visited August 2012
“An exhilarating experience had by all”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My Children and I had lessons last summer on Longsands in Tynemouth. We had a great time, lots of fun. The surf coaches are both friendly and professional. The wet suits are lovely and warm, the boards are great for beginners.