“Grandson learning to surf the waves!”

Longsands Surf School
Ranked #10 of 19 things to do in Tynemouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing on Longsands. We operate a Surf School and Surf Club on Tynemouth Longsands beach situated at the bottom of the ramp next to Crusoe’s cafe. Our surf instructors are fully qualified lifeguards and are qualified with either the Academy of surfing instructors or SurfingGB coaching certificates. All equipment is supplied, surfboards, wetsuits, boots and gloves if needed, all you need to bring is swimwear and a towel.
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Our 7 year grandson has enjoyed every minute of his surfing lessons with Barry and Shaun. They are great with children. At 7 years old he can now stand on the surf board (well some of the time!) and is full of confidence. Really can recommend this.

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Don't bother my son went no changing facilities so got changed on the long sands bank toilets where used by others but not much better lesson was ok but son felt cold then had to get changed again outside so it didn't help

2  Thank Terry2bell
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My Daughter loves Barry's club and goes every Sunday. The tuition is second to none and the structure of the teaching is great fun. All ages attend, Robson Green joined in for a session last year, and when my daughter had her birthday party at the club last September, all 10 of her guests had a fantastic party. A great way to enjoy the best the coast has to offer.

1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Myself and my 7 year daughter have enjoyed several lessons with longsands surf school.Barry shares his passion for surfing with his students making you feel confident and safe in the water.
Highly recommend this great experience.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have had so much fun I started off not knowing anything and now 7 months on I'm out surfing the waves on my own! Brilliant value and their so kind and helpful