Free cancellation until 27/07
Grand Hotel(Tynemouth)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$143
Little Haven Hotel(South Shields)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$86
US$83
US$84
Athol House(South Shields)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$72
The Chedburgh Hotel(Whitley Bay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$92
US$89
US$134
US$124
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 October 2017

How this place is allowed to continue trading is beyond belief.
The hotel has a bleak history over the past few years and tends to have a notably poor reputation in all respects. (Just look at the overwhelming evidence , reviews and photos on this Trip Advisor page).
The place is a well-known budget bed-flop for coach parties.
The last time I was in this place was around 5 years ago, and it was pretty manky then..... and nothing has chaned in the way of improvements.
I was requested to call in here recently for a short meeting and drinks in the Bar/Lounge area with some colleagues and boy oh boy what a filthy dirty hole this place really is.
On walking through the main doors, I can't even begin to list out the neglect the place is suffering - and that's without even staying there or seeing a bedroom. The reception and bar areas were bad enough.
I reluctantly had a coffee (leaving half of it) as the glassware/crockery leaves a lot to be desired.
I would urge travellers to study the other reviews of this place here on Trip Advisor, and would think that the overwhelming negatives say it all, so my advice is to take heed and keep well away.
Oh yes - I didnt eat there either (Wouldn't dare chance it).
If you have a look at the rating on the Food Hygiene Standards website, I'm pretty sure you will understand.
Major improvement work and some long term investment is needed here.
Definately not a place I would want to stay...!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Virage2000
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stayed here with national holidays,hotel is dated some areas have seen cosmetic input but it doesn't seem to have a focus or theme so a bit of a miss mash.
For the price we paid it was adequate we had a evening meal and breakfast both of which were good.
The rooms were ok but needed a good dusting and cobweb removal,once again the pictures on display were not in keeping with the decor maybe they should play tothe Art Deco features of the hotel.
There was a birthday party going on in the function room which was on the other side of the hotel,the room looked fantastic and the other entrance we discovered was so much better.There were not many staff on duty and I had to go looking for someone to take a look at the television as it wasn't working,whilst a couple of people were waiting to check in.A note on the desk said they would be in the bar,so after much searching they were found.TV reported but to no avail,so my fried I rekindled the art of conversion together with the help of a couple of glasses of wine job done.
This hotel is beautifully placed overlooking the sea with a what seems a great beach,they are obviously trying their best to refurb and I hope they do it justice as the area is beautiful.

Room Tip: Try and get Sea view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Stayed here first in July this year and am just back from a midweek break. Same room both times. Room still okay with the addition of a chair in front of mirror which is handy for the people doing hair etc. Staff were nice and friendly and breakfast ok. Will be back but the want to try another room. 216 looks nice, a bit bigger etc. Nice view from what we could see looking in from the corridor. Maybe have another break in the spring and see how the place is looking. Overall we thought it good value for our money with great views out over the beach.

Room Tip: 218 or maybe 216 for more room and better view?
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

As always I give a true review of my visit to a hotel; Stayed at this hotel for one night as we had been invited to a surprise birthday party at a restaurant on the beach
As soon as we walked into the hotel it smelt damp and although the reception staff were pleasant, I had a feeling of foreboding.
The rooms although a decent size were extremely poor, nothing like the ones advertised on the website - obviously had not undergone any renovation whatsoever recently.
Of the 2 windows 1 had no secondary glazing and the ofther had the outer beading falling off. The bed had seen better days and sagged in the middle also the base had a strange yellowish water mark up half the side of it - but the at least the bed linen was clean. It was obliviously some time since the carpet has seen a vacuum cleaner with bits all over it and the windows had long since been painted and cleaned, with dirt engrained on the inside of the remaining paintwork? The bathroom was quite cleanish if you didn't look too hard, but had a mis-matched suite and a toilet the took forever to refill, the radiator was extremely hot so much so that the bathroom window needed to be open to stop you from passing out from the heat - it would not turn off. There were dust webs on the windows and where the walls met the ceiling, the wardrobe had a curious smell of damp and something else. The wall light shades also had strange 'tide marks' half way up. The ceiling had old fashioned office type ceiling tiles on, many of which were discoloured.
The best thing about the room was the sea view but even that was viewed over a flat roof with discarded water bottles and debris.
The owners are obviously re-furbishing the building as the floor below looked fabulous , with new carpets and fresh paintwork, which makes me ask the question why let out substandard rooms and run the risk of poor reviews when they are trying to bring the hotel back to its former glory. The building itself is an excellent example of a Art Deco architecture with some stunning original features still in place.
So all in all would I return? Only if I was desperate but I doubt I'd ever be that desperate and would I recommend it? Not really, well perhaps to people I don't like.

Room Tip: Check and make sure it is a refurbished room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BebbieHartlepool
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Ceiling tiles missing in room, curtains were like rags at the windows, windows had holes in them. The only redeeming feature was the breakfast was good. I certainly won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple