“Unmitigated nightmare”

Copperfields
Ranked #35 of 55 Restaurants in Tynemouth
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Clueless Bar staff on my last visit
They are as green as grass with zero training
Every Fosters was sent back as it was flat
The glasses they use are shot to bits and the attitude if you dare to complain is unreal
You are doing them a favour being there
The supervision is non existent and it cant be too long before its sold on
Shocking , terrible piped cover version music garbage nightmare

Apart from that its not too bad

Peter D, General Manager at Copperfields, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Copperfields although you'll appreciate that the content makes for somewhat difficult reading.

As the newly (ish) appointed General Manager of The Grand Hotel, I'm making some very exciting changes. I'm also fully open to feedback, however disappointing it may be to hear it on occasion. Without feedback, I don't know what we're doing right or wrong in the eyes of customers so I want to hear it all and learn how we can develop our offering.

If you are who I think you may be, this is not the first time that you've encountered difficulties on the premises and, in an attempt to fully understand how we can better meet your needs in future, I'd like to try and set up a meeting with you. We can sit and chat over coffee in a quiet area of the hotel or even my office if you prefer; I value the custom of all of our guests and don't want anyone to feel the way you do.

Please contact me on 0191 2936666 or email me at peter.dawson@grandhoteltynemouth.co.uk and let's see how we might be able to work together going forward.

I really look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Grand Hotel Tynemouth

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had sunday lunch here we both opted for the roast beef. We didn't wait long for it to arrive but when it did we were very disappointed. The beef was like shop bought slices it was chewy and stringy,the vegetables although tasty were more like a childs portion. At almost £10 each we think they were very poor value for money. Also a lime and soda and a orange and soda cost over £5! Disgusting!

Peter D, General Manager at Copperfields, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Eileen B,

I'm so disappointed to read your review yet grateful you have shared your thoughts with us.

I've had some great feedback about Copperfields recently; some even specifically regarding the beef; I'm so sorry it wasn't to your taste.

We constantly review our food and beverage pricing to ensure it is in line with other similar local establishments and am fully confident that this is the case. Again, I'm sorry if you felt it wasn't in line with your expectations.

We are making some really exciting changes at The Grand in coming months and I hope you might consider a revisit in due course; I think you'll really like what you see.

Thank you again for having shared your feedback.

Kind regards,

Grand Hotel Tynemouth

Reviewed 29 April 2018

We were invited to a 80th Birthday party one Sunday in April. Having pre- order our meals the service was terrible. Meals coming out at different time Waiter and waitress did not seem to know what they were doing. A total shambles!

Peter D, General Manager at Copperfields, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Allison D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

I’m hugely disappointed and must admit rather surprised to hear what happened, it’s quite the opposite of what the vast majority of guests normally experience and I’m keen to know more to see what we can do to remedy the position.

Could I politely request you contact me at your convenience at peter.dawson@grandhoteltynemouth.co.uk and I’ll respond to you once I have a clearer picture of what has happened here.

Thank you again for leaving a review.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Food always tasty. Specials board always has a good choice. Staff are pleasant. Good relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank JJWis
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Went here on a Sunday evening - just for hot drinks to shelter from the cold.
We got a big table along the back wall... the only one left, but it's not that it was 'busy' as such - just couples having drinks.
We had to go into the Grand to order two lattes, a hot chocolate, a Baileys and a JD - there was only one menber of staff serving at the bar.
This may have been why the table was an absolute mess. We shifted all the empties to one side and went to order.
Hot drinks apparently are in the Grand's jurisdiction, but we ordered all in there. Asking for ice in the JD - we were offered one cube with the opportunity to come all the way back if we wanted more... how ridiculous!
When they brought the drinks - no effort made to clear up until we told him to. He only took the cups/saucers, etc - as the bar staff would have to clear the rest. Which they never did.
The drinks themselves were great - but what's the point when the staff couldn't give a rat's about the state of the place. What does it take to look around and see a load of mess that shouldn't be there - lazy AF. It's only a 2-star review because of the drinks actually being nice.

1  Thank SPMozza