“Excellent little gem”

The Cressfield Hotel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on a walking holiday travelling from Scafell Pike to Ben Nevis.
Booked a single room which was great value, a good size and very cosy.
Staff were all brilliant and the bar served good cask ale which is rare in hotels these days.
I didn't eat an evening meal but the breakfast included in the room rate was top notch and very filling.
Great little find and if im ever up that neck of the woods again, I'll be back.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to attend a party ,lovely welcome nice single room ,comfy bed. The breakfast was lovely with a good choice on menu,would stay here again .

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Spent two nights in the bar while on a caravan break locally. I have to say the staff could not do enough for us. We had a few drinks on the Friday night. Sat we had a meal for my birthday and even though there was a large party in the function room our starters arrived with in 5mins and once we finished those the mains followed on quickly. Quick note for the Managment please reward Ian who worked the bar on both evenings. I have stayed in many hotels and different venue but have never received service like it.

1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 1 July 2017

We stayed four nights and had rooms 4 and 5. Both rooms were very nice. Room 4 had a short kettle flex so the kettle had to go on the floor and I made our refreshments on my hands and knees! The staff were great. Nigel and Iain looked after us very well. The food (breakfasts and evening meals) was excellent apart from the stir fry chicken which was too salty and peppery for my taste. High recommended.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Lovely old hotel. Staff were fabulous and food was amazing. Lovely little gem hidden away where you can sit and enjoy a beer in the sun