“Fantastic wee hotel”
Review of The Glencoe Inn

The Glencoe Inn
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Myself and my partner visited the hotel in September 2011, we were looking for relaxing break away and that's exactly what we got, the hotel was lovely and cosy and decorated the way we would have expected for a typical Scottish hotel, the staff were very welcoming, helpful and friendly, the room was spotless and cosy, loved coming back into it at night, we ate in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner both nights and the food was lovely, no delay and served piping hot, we enjoyed our stay at the glencoe hotel so much that we are going back with the children on Monday, looking forward to it!

• Stayed: September 2011
NigelBirdManager, General Manager at The Glencoe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2011

Thank you so much for your super review, I agree fully that this is a fantastic wee hotel. My team have a genuine passion for hospitality and service. we aim to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. Great to hear that you are coming back to stay with us so soon. Regards Nigel

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Glencoe is a beautiful village that is the perfect example of the Scottish Highlands. This hotel is ideally located within walking distance of everything the little village has to offer and right off of a major road. The food was amazing at the restaurant, and the breakfast that comes with the room was exceptional; not just the normal scottish breakfast that is offered at many B&Bs, but you had the entire menu to chose from. I got smoked salmon and eggs that was priced at 15 for non-guests. Our room was only 65.

With that said the breakfast almost makes the room worth it. Our room was crummy, out-dated, with a terrible bed and no view. I think we may of been given the room that they hand out last when the rest of the hotel is booked.. not sure.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on trip advisor. I was delighted that you enjoyed the food and the service.we do have one relatively small room that we use as a last let and is priced accordingly. We do however ensure that our housekeeping standards are set very high. Once again many thanks for your review. Kind Regards Nigel

Reviewed 14 September 2011

I took a booking of 4 rooms to this hotel with my business, we didn't have time to visit the property before our booking so I was more than a little nervous! all that disappeared when I arrived. The team at Glencoe hotel were awesome, very welcoming and so flexible that i felt they really valued my business! My customers and I all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. So much so I have booked 12 rooms for Oct and 8 rooms for Nov!

The bar area is cozy and relaxing. The food was served promptly and fresh. the one request we made was dealt with immediately. My room was ample and very clean! couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
NigelBirdManager, General Manager at The Glencoe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

My team and I were delighted to read your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We are constantly striving to ensure that our guests have a truly enjoyable and memorable experience when they visit this truly spectacular part of scotland. It was extremely encouraging that as a result of your first experience of Glencoe Hotel that you have decided to use our services again in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back in october and thank you for taking the time to place your review on trip advisor. Kind Regards Nigel

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed at the hotel 9th Sept till 11th Sept for a residential bootcamp. What can I say we were given a warm welcome from the hotel manager (Nigel) & he really went out his way to make sure our weekend was well catered for not only Nigel went the extra mile, but so did all his staff too. Nothing was ever to much bother & they certainly demonstrated that the customer is 'king'. Rooms are suffice for the need & there was plenty of hot water too. Excellent meals were served up all weekend, with great choices all reasonably priced. Will defo be back for more & really look forward to the warm welcome from Nigel & his tea,!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
NigelBirdManager, General Manager at The Glencoe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

What a super review. It really does mean so much to my team to receive first hand feedback from our guests, without exception they all have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for ensuring our guests have an enjoyable visit. Thank you for taking the time to place your review on trip advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind Regards Nigel

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Glencoe is a boating, biking & hiking sort of place. We stopped there on the way to Culloden. Glencoe has some beautiful sights and a great drive. We saw the infamous Highland cow in the pastures and everyone was very friendly. The Glencoe hotel was ran by a great staff and were very helpful. Relative to other locations we stayed at during our 10-day visit, the hotel was pricey. We did have a great view of the lake and food was good. Apparently many of the locals dine there. I would pass though next time and head north.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on trip advisor, I was sorry to read that you felt that we were a bit pricey, this is our main season and we do offer specially discounte out of season rates. I have passed your kind comments on to my team. Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 September 2011

I am just back today from a friday-sunday stay.staff was amazin and friendly.nigel was great arranged for us t have a sauna at another hotel.have only great things to say about hotel.great food and amazin customer service.will defo go back.even dried our wet clothes after bootcamp

• Stayed: September 2011
NigelBirdManager, General Manager at The Glencoe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

What a fabulous review, thank you for taking the time to place your comments on trip advisor. My team work very hard to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable experience at the hotel and it is always very rewarding to receive positive comments which confirm that we are getting it right. Once again many thanks and I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend. Kind Regards Nigel

Reviewed 9 September 2011

We recently visited The Glencoe Hotel and thought that we would try something else and explore new surroundings, away from the normal routine that we normally do and found a great deal on the Crerar website including Bed and Breakfast, which we upgraded to a loch view.

We tried the Hotel to experience something different, away from the normal routine of staying where we normally go and found the Glencoe Hotel still very enjoyable as there is different amenities around the area to see and do,our room was very nice as was the view,the only down side was the ensuite which is slightly outdated but this I'm sure they already know.

Our Breakfast in the morning, a Full Scottish was excellent,very hot, and just one of the choices from a varied menu and definitely set you up for the day, our waitress was very pleasant and wasted no time in serving us, asking what we required... Full Marks ...

We enjoyed our stay at the Glencoe Hotel and found it different than what we were always use to and found out that all staff work very hard in making your stay a pleasant one, all have a smile and a friendly greeting, I would like to say that Cinnie on the Reception is a credit to the Hotel and to Crerar Hotels in general and well deserves a special mention for her work, to show that it’s appreciated, she too,always had a warm and friendly welcome.

We certainly enjoyed ourselves and would certainly return to the hotel as a friend and a guest...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, we are constantly striving to ensure that we deliver high standards of service and hospitality to our guests. My team are delighted with your comments.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on trip advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind Regards Nigel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glencoe Village
#1 of 2 in Onich
Loch Leven Hotel
Loch Leven Hotel
#1 of 2 in North Ballachulish

Been to The Glencoe Inn? Share your experiences!