“Lovely New Bar/Restaurant/Shocking Service ..........”

Glencoe Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
SCOTLAND
“Lovely New Bar/Restaurant/Shocking Service ..........”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

After waiting well over 5 minutes for the Barman to pour me a pint of Guinness we got off to a bad start. May I add I was the only customer in the pub. My next pint of Guinness was filled to the brim in one . Not the way to pour a pint a Guinness by another less than capable Bar Person. Although the food looked absolutely excellent the company I was in waited over half an hour just for the Starter. Would understand if the Restaurant was busy but was practically empty. Lacking leadership and experience and Staff ....I'm sure with the correct staff this could be a fantastic experience as the location is absolutely stunning............ Need to do better Glencoe Hotel ...........

• Visited October 2013

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Family dinner treat”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Had a really great evening meal with family of 5 generations, a treat by Pops for giving a wonderful holiday in Glenco. Meal was cooked very well, all of us had no complaints. Staff very friendly and courteous. Lovely atmosphere and we booked table with view over Loch.
Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Swannington, United Kingdom
“Good food, service could be improved...”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We ate here because I had the Glencoe Marathon the next day and it was the only place we could find which served pasta. The starter I had, chicken liver pate, was reasonable. The main course, wild mushroom ravioli, was very good. Just after our starter a party of about 20 people arrived. This meant our main course took longer to arrive than I we would have liked, and it took a bit longer to get the bill than I would expect too. Otherwise, the service was very friendly.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“delicious Food”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

there was no-one else in the restuarant so not much ambiance but it was fine, the waiter was helpful and the food was delicious. I would definitly eat there again.

Visited September 2013
UK
“great food”
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Went to celebrate two birthdays. There were five of us. View was great. Sadly the meal I wanted was not available due to them running out of langoustines. Oh well. Have to go back. One person had a lobster salad and it was a huge lobster, another fish and chips. A pot of fish chowder was packed with fish and the substitute for the langoustines was great. I had the scallop skewers which was a little peppery for my taste. I'd have preferred something other than sweet chilli as it and the pepper overpowered the scallops but they were cooked to perfection. Great salad too. Will return, probably often. Value is great.

Visited August 2013