“Superb Highland Hospitality!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glencoe Village
Ottawa, Canada
“Superb Highland Hospitality!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I am a Yoga teacher from Canada and I bring groups of students to beautiful places in the world to enjoy Yoga in special settings. We brought a group of 18 people to spectacular Glencoe House a couple of months ago for 5 nights. We knew from the website that this would be a lovely place...we were not prepared for how truly stunning both the estate and the views were! What's more, the welcome we received and the care taken by, Roger and Judith, Anne, and the fabulous staff ensured an unparalleled luxury experience for our group. The suites are gorgeous and so comfortable you do not want to leave. We began each day with Yoga in a stunning suite with views to the Loch. This was followed by a "Royal" breakfast ...piping hot, plentiful and delicious! After a day of hiking or excursions we would return to a roaring fire and afternoon tea...delightful! Roger and Anne arranged a special seafood feast for our group... we had a piper escort us in and it was an incredible night that we will never forget...thank you all again for your warm hospitality and attention to detail...it feels like it was a marvelous dream and we can't wait to come again!! As the saying goes "Haste ye back".

Room Tip: All suites are unique and beautiful.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
GlencoeHouse, Owner at Glencoe House, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. The seafood banquet evening was also memorable for us with the table set formally set for 20 and more seafood than we have ever seen before! Together with the piper, the roaring fire, the wine and whisky tasting and not to forget the elegantly dressed guests. We were delighted to tailor the house and the service to your needs and that we could help make your trip so special . Indeed 'haste ye back'!

Glencoe House Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is my first ever review on here and my stay at Glencoe House prompted the effort - stayed here recently for 5 nights. Everything was fantastic; accommodation, food, attentiveness of hosts.

I have stayed at some great places all over the world and this ranks up there with them. Looking forward to the next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GlencoeHouse, Owner at Glencoe House, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for posting a review and your first review at that! We were extremely happy to host you here at Glencoe House. The area has a lot to offer so I am sure the 5 days went far too quickly! We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Willebroek, Antwerpen, Belgium
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As Scotland fans we visited all kinds of accomodations throughout the country. During our last tour we chose Glencoe house as our final stop. Luxurious rooms, fantastic setting and a perfect service! We're looking forward to return next spring. By then it should also be possible do dine in the privacy of your own suite (now only on saturdays). PS: If your going for a walk in the surrounding gardens, don't hesitate to invite the owners dog Connor, he'll guide you all the way around the lake.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Glencoe House. You will indeed be able to have dinner in your suite when you return so you are just a step away from the sofa for the post dinner drink! We have told Connor that you are returning in the spring time and there was a very enthusiastic wagging of the tail! We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Monterey, CA
Reviewed 24 October 2013

When we first arrived (for a 2 night stay) I started listing all the things that were missing from the suite. I thought the rooms could benefit from more art, and art of a more traditional nature, such as landscapes, portraits etc... I missed having a full length mirror anywhere in the suite. I thought the bathroom lighting was dim (how about something over the mirror..), and the dining area needed some standing lamps (overhead lighting just doesn't do it, even if it's a lovely chandelier with a dimmer). Plus, (because of structural issues, I'm sure), there were step downs out of the bathroom (and room with double baths) that sent me flying until I put a pillow next to the steps to remind me to be careful. Ultimately however, I have to say that the suite and the overall experience was better than anything else we experienced in Scotland, and I would stay again in a heartbeat. Roger and Judy know what they are doing, and they are clearly committed to making sure their guests are comfortable. The bed (and bedding) was the most comfortable I have EVER slept in, and that's saying a lot. Breakfast (and dinner) in our dining room was delicious. The Nespresso machine a nice touch! Staff members were friendly and accommodating. The alcohol was extremely well priced (a few whiskeys and a bottle of wine). The overall house has been beautifully renovated with great attention to detail. And finally, the grounds are magnificent. Just walk out the door and enjoy a half hour stroll around a secluded, quiet lake (the ducks will follow you around), and you are set for the day (and night). Bottom line, despite my initial nitpicking, a few hours into our stay and I decided I could happily spend a week at Glencoe House. It turned out to be the highlight of our trip.

Room Tip: Loved our room with the two baths.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emc1
GlencoeHouse, Owner at Glencoe House, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and are delighted that Glencoe House was the highlight of your trip. We pride ourselves on making our guests welcome so your comments mean a lot in this regard. Comfort is also important whether it is our comfortable beds or your particular type of Nespresso coffee being but a step away in your suite. Also thank you for your feedback with regards to the lighting and mirror; we will look to address these issues. We hope to welcome you back to Glencoe House.

Kidwelly
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The headline of this review is that this is a wonderful place for a celebration, but I would go further...it is a wonderful place to stay by any criteria you wish to apply.

My 80 year old mother and I stayed in suite 4. What a suite! My mother chose the bedroom overlooking Loch Leven and I was in with the one overlooking the Pap of Glencoe. How lovely to soak in the bath and watch the Pap change colours in the reflected sunset. My mother could not stop looking out of her window at the lovely coloured autumn trees and the loch.All the rooms in the suite were ultra comfortable and the beds were superb. As someone who has broken their back in the not too distant past the mattress was a joy!

The breakfasts were outstanding and we were also lucky enough to be staying when outside caterers were there, so we could have a 7 course meal served to us in our private dining room on one night. My mother has some dietary issues and the chef even conjured up a dessert that she could eat...amazing level of service!

The staff without exception were terrific. Nothing was too much trouble. We really felt welcomed and made to feel like honoured guests. I gather Glencoe House has only been open a few months and can only see it going from strength to strength. My only concern is that when the word gets out I will find it harder to book my next stay.

Thanks to Roger and his team for making my mother's birthday 'present' so lovely. The last time we visited Glencoe we were camping! This time it was real style.

Room Tip: Suite 4 is huge and could easily accommodate 4 people with room to spare. However, I think all the r...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DebbieKidwelly
GlencoeHouse, Owner at Glencoe House, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review. We are delighted that you and your mother enjoyed your stay so much here at Glencoe House. The autumn colours of the trees are particularly special at this time of year and we are glad that we could share them with you. The dinners are a new offer here and we are happy that the chef was able to accommodate the special dietary requirements - afterall no-one should have to miss out on dessert! We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Little bit of a drive to get to Glencoe House, but immediately upon arrival, you are treated as a very special guest. Champagne was waiting as you entered the doors. Our "room" was a 5 room suite with the most amazing view of the loch. The sunsets provided the best pictures. The dining room was set each morning to provide a wonderful breakfast. We especially enjoyed our "guided" walk with the owners dog, Connor. And we cannot neglect to mention the best beds at any place we ever stayed.
We were especially impressed with the great value for the whole Glencoe experience.

Room Tip: Suite 5 was a great place.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
GlencoeHouse, Owner at Glencoe House, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed it here at Glencoe House. We pride our selves on our hospitality and so your comments in this regard mean a lot. The sunsets over the last month or two have been particularly spectacular and you are extremely well placed to see the changing colours from the comfort of your sofa or even bath...! As you can see, all members of the team have to pull their weight and the Director of Entertainment, Connor, eagerly awaits your return!

Seattle
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I had a fabulous time here. The other reviews are spot on: incredible views, gracious staff, champagne on arrival, huge suites, clean, clean, clean, and great attention to detail. We felt like we we part of the family!

I can honestly say this was the best place we've ever stayed. We have weeks of vacation left, and our only regret was not planning our stay at Glencoe House for longer.

Room Tip: Suite 5 is big! separate dining room, living room with TV, DVD, and DVDs, Bedroom, bathroom, plus a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The S
GlencoeHouse, Owner at Glencoe House, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you felt part of the family, that is exactly how we would want you to feel! The whole team at Glencoe House takes great pride in their role and we have tried to anticipate your every need! We hope to welcome you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glencoe Village
#1 of 2 in North Ballachulish
Holly Tree Hotel
Holly Tree Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kentallen

Been to Glencoe House? Share your experiences!