“Some great food, some not”

the Glencoe Gathering
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stopped to eat here on a drive through Scotland, even though the outside isn't much to look at. The interior is clean and new, but not very imaginative or comfortable. However my husband can't stop raving about the food almost a year later. He had a seafood pot that included langoustine. He categorizes it as one of the best things he's ever eaten. I had a burger that was edible but not impressive in any way. I think that if we are ever in Scotland again, we will definitely be stopping here. And I will definitely be trying the seafood.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a delicious meal here whilst we stayed at Invercoe Highland Holidays. As a family of four, with varying tastes, we could all find something that appealed. The food was served efficiently, the price was good and the quality was super. It was all fresh, cooked from scratch and just delicious.

1  Thank Sarah O
Reviewed 14 June 2014

To be fair it was during the day when we visited so lack of atmos probably due to the fact we were the only ones in. Big barn of a place, with a very small bar for the size of it. Great views from the massive windows a plus point. Didnt eat here, menu looked good but a little pricey, drinks were expensive hotel prices.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I visited glencoe at the weekend as I was at the fort William uci on the sat. Visited your restrant/bar on the Friday night as we heard you where a good pub! On arrival was happy with the place the ales were nice and the staff great. Order the shrimp of the menu in the bar area and when it came it was nice but not enough I was still starving after eating it. So that was a little annoying! So anyway when back on the sat night, and had the fish and chips which I thought great that looks good so it came and I had it it wasn't hot hot but I was starving after a long day so I eat it! After that we thort mmm a desert looks good! (After asking 3 times my friends had one I got sick of waiting! Then getting the bill we had to ask twice I work in hotels and I can understand if it's busy and the staff are all tied up fare enough but it wasn't so no excuse! Any way on my journey home on the Sunday I came down with very bad food poisoning only to have eaten hear! I don't normally rant but I have been very ill and would like you just to be aware of the food temps as a note! Thanks

Natasha B, General Manager at the Glencoe Gathering, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hello James,
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meals with us. As you are aware we were very busy over the weekend so I am sorry for any delays you had with getting desserts and paying your bill.

As you will be aware from working in hotels food poisoning is something that will affect the patient within 8/10 hours of consumption. I am very sorry that you felt unwell however I have to stress that I find it hard to believe that we were the cause.
I do hope you are feeling better now.
Kind Regards

Natasha Walker

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Even though Glencoe is very small and remote, this restaurant is cool, hip, and has everything that you need! The place is huge, clean, and well-kept. It has a really nice atmosphere, and the food and drinks are great. The staff members are all friendly, and they even have fast and free wi-fi. If you're in Glencoe and want to stop in for some food or drinks, definitely go to Glencoe Gathering!

1  Thank Rachel K

Thank you for your kind words and we are really pleased you enjoyed your viisit.

We look forward to seeing you again

Kind Regards