We visited during the "off season" and didn't realize just how "off" it is! There was nobody else staying at Hollywood Beach Suites. We hardly ever saw anyone else on the beach - at any time day or night. And the beach is GORGEOUS. It's maybe 10 footsteps from your porch door to the sand. There's so many great places to choose from to sit - on the screened porch, in the shade or sun in the little yard area, in chairs, chaise loungers or hammocks. Or sit on the steps leading down to the beach, or on the beach. The little suite is perhaps a bit threadbare but it was very clean and very well equipped. Includes a washer and dryer and even laundry detergent. Kitchen had dish soap, salt and pepper, cooking spray, papertowels, etc etc - much better equipped than your typical beach house. The beach is all soft sand, you don't need shoes. And it's so close to your suite that you don't need a towel or a bottle of water even, you'll just pop back inside if you need anything. Free wifi was very reliable but too slow for us to stream music or video. A movie download took about 10 hours. The selection of provided DVD movies was remarkably good and well rounded. We watched two or three.
The beach faces nearly due north, so sunrise and sunset watching was a bit incumbered by the island landscape. It also gets surf and wind from any storm happening out on the Atlantic. The big waves break out on the reef though. Another cool thing about this beach is that it is partially shaded all day by the tree line. So you can walk or sit in sun or shade.
If you already know you want to go to North or Middle Caicos you can read no further - stay here, it is really just the perfect place. If you are still researching the destination I suggest you give it some reading and careful consideration. The dining out options are extremely limited, especially in the off season. Food is very expensive. Water is not potable. We packed in all our own meals and brought a water filtration system. You can rent a car (cheap!) and enjoy some sight seeing on the two islands but beware that all of the sights are a bit "overadvertised". There are lots of abandoned cars, signs of infrastructure failure, abandoned houses and abandoned partially completed hotels. There are many skinny dogs. This is a vacation for primarily beach walking, ocean swimming, sunbathing, perhaps snorkeling, diving and fishing. It is NOT a vacation for eating out, being pampered or sight-seeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hollywood Beach Suites, a secluded intimate and tranquil paradise on the Island of North Caicos. Our four comfortable beachfront suites sit directly on a stunning seven-mile stretch of sparkling white, powder-soft sand and look out on brilliant sweeping turquoise waters. Complementary snorkeling, kayaking, biking, high-speed Internet connection, WIFI, iPod & iPhone music docking station. Complementary fine wine bottle. Take pleasure in inspiring sunrises and magnificent sunsets; daylight swims and moonlight strolls. Relax beachside where gentle cooling trade breezes pass under the shade of tall native Casaurina pines, or soak up the warm sunshine in the luxurious sand. Explore the underwater world of wonders on a snorkeling or scuba adventure to view the remarkable coral reef and tropical fish life. Discover the beautiful island scenery, with its lush vegetation, and tropical birds and butterflies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hollywood Beach Suites Turks and Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Beach Suites Turks And Caicos Hotel North Caicos
- Hollywood Beach North Caicos
- Hollywood Beach Suites Turks And Caicos North Caicos