“Worth the trip”

Ann Arbor, MI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Perfect, gorgeous. 3 hours of blissful exploring. Don't miss a drink on the deck at the Mudjin bar and grill - excellent view overlooking Dragon Caye. I highly recommend lunch at Daniel's Cafe. As the locals say, this is not "Provo Conch,"this is "Middle Caicos Conch." Amazing difference. Devon is a great guy!

Visited November 2013

San Francisco, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Worth the trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

When my husband and I stayed on Provo, we took a day trip to North and Middle Caicos. Overall, we think the highlight of the trip was Mudjin Harbor. The other stops on the day trip was just so so. If you come to Mudjin Harbor, plan to stay for a few hours, find the hidden beach, swim to the dragon cay, and definitely eat at the Mudjin Harbor restaurant. I had the best Conch fritters there!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank FeiMao_2013
Toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Incredible, worth the day trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had read a lot about Mudjin harbour and how beautiful it is so we decided to take the ferry and rent a car to see it for ourselves. The ferry is $25 per person, each way and it takes about 30 minutes. It's a nice ride. Once at Middle Caicos ferry dock we met the guy with the rental car which cost us $60 for the day. The car came with 1/4 tank of gas, gas is expensive, but we only used about 1/4 tank and it cost us $20 US.

It was pretty straight forward to get to Mudjin Harbour, we parked at the Blue Horizon Resorts. We had the beach to ourselves almost the entire afternoon. We were actually able to walk out to Dragon Cay and hang out on the beach there. We had the place to ourselves. We explored a cave and the top of the cliffs and another beach between two of the cliffs. It was fantastic. We ate lunch at the restaurant and then set out to find Bambarra beach which someone told us was even nicer....it wasn't in our opinion. First, we took what seemed like a super sketchy, unmarked dirt road with tons of pot holes filled with water (it must have rained the day before) to the end where we found what seemed like an abandonned thatched huts. It was smelly from the garbage bins and port o potties. The water was nice and the beach was long in this spot, not deep. We stayed for 10 minutes and headed back to Mudjin harbour.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ruttegger
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“worth visiting. rental car, how to get there”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I gave it four stars because it takes a little effort to get there from Providenciales. You have to take ferry to north caicos and then drive/taxi to middle caicos.

We stayed at palms regent in Providenciales, about 10 min to ferry. Taxi is $18/couple one way to ferry not including tip, or rent a car around $45/day

$100 for both of us round trip on ferry. Ferry Schedule limited on sun/holiday. Can find schedule online or ask hotel for it. Tiny boat. Holds about 40 people. No motion sickness for me. It was easy 20 min ride.

You must rent car at north caicos to drive to mudjin harbor. Otherwise it is $80/couple one way from north caicos to mudjin not including tip for taxi. Car rental about $70 + $30 gas (if all you are driving to is to mudjin harbor and then back to ferry) Gas is $6.5/gallon. From north caicos it is about 22miles

Renting a car at north caicos.
My hotel booked through Easy A
If I were to do it again I probably would try a different company
Here's the issues I had with this company. At hotel night before when booking they tried to get me to agree to jeep with insurance coverage for $100. I said no and they agreed to get me compact for $75. When I showed up at north caicos the guy only had a jeep and charged me $10 extra, hence $85. Was this bate and switch? There are a few other rental companies and they all will drop off car for you or pick you up I think. So I was stuck paying extra for a jeep. It was dirty inside and out, had 72k miles, the engine light was on and I asked the guy and he said don't worry about it. The zippered back broke, which left the entire back expose to rain and mosquito since I couldn't zip it closed. Also no air conditioning. And he told me i had full tank when it was obvious i didn't. By the time I caught this he was gone and I had agreed to bring it back full.

I would try another company if I had to do it over as the price I think to rent is comparable among the different car rentals. I didn't like how they try to sell me the $100 rental night before when it was obvious they had cheaper vehicle available.

Mudjin bay
Beautiful, worth the trouble to go from Providenciales.
22miles and 40 min. drive From where ferry drops you off at north caicos. Drive was not bad. Right out of the lot you have choice go straight or turn right. Turn right. It is literally like existing the parking lot, turn right. Then there are two major turns after this and you just continue on the same road afterwards. The signs are smalls. The first major turn was at a T intersection and it said middle caicos. I think you turn left here. The second major turn I saw a sign for daniel's cafe which I knew was a little bit pass mudjin harbor so I turned that direction, which I think is a right.

I didn't see signs coming back for the ferry. pay attention where you turn to get there and do the reverse.

Look for blueish top buildings. Lunch great there, lobster bits And fish. Free wifi. Mosquito not bad when I went. Climb to top was easy, at the restaurant.. Sandle ok to climb up there
mosquito repellent would be advisable, got bit going down the hill but at the beach itself, was fine.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Smokiedokie2
Coram, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beautiful Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

MY husband and I took the ferry from Providenciales to North Caicos.And take a taxi cab to Middle Caicos for a day trip. Mudjin Harbor is beautiful and perfect beach to spend all day doing nothing

Swimming in turquoise blue waters and being alone on the beach was perfect. Don't miss this one and enjoy the day

Visited August 2013