Thanksgiving week. If you're looking for a turkey dinner, all the trimmings, tablecloth and a secluded beach within pitching distance, this is for you. Wake in the morning to the sound of the surf. Pull on a bathing suit and t-shirt and bare-foot it down the walk to dining by the pool. Breakfast buffet is waiting for you. Have an ease-into-the-morning chat with other guests. Walk the beach -- which was totally secluded this week. That's 2.5 miles. Wave to the occasional boat going by and find shells to take home. Read a book or explore Pine Cay by golf cart. Check your email in the designated area for that. And don't even think about talking on your cell phone unless you're far away from the center of the resort. This place is meant for those who can truly unplug. For those who can't, you have the designated little area where you can surf the internet to your heart's content behind a closed door. Then, come back to the sun and a rum drink at get back into what you're really there to do. Chill and enjoy the atmosphere. A truly lovely, untouched, laid back environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Turks & Caicos islands of the Caribbean, with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach (just 90 minutes by air from Miami). The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life. 12 beachfront/premium rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent. Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora. Winner of several awards from TripAdvisor, Andrew Harper, Caribbean Journal and Fodors honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay