This place is quite exceptional, and that is comparing it with the best resorts in the Caribbean. Andrew Harper's Hideaway report recommended this as a special beach hideaway and we tried it and we re-booked for twice as long a stay next time, it's that good.
Beach, water sports, activities: 2 mile long soft sand beach, the nicest swimming beach we have ever been to. Paddle boarding, Hobie Cats, kayaks, excellent pool. Only 13 rooms plus the private homes on the entire island. You will be the only one on the beach 80% of the time, the rest of the time there will be 2 or 4 other people somewhere on the 2 mile stretch.
Cuisine - they have a true chef, Shane, outstanding classic European-style tasting menu. Very difficult to pull off on such an isolated location. Reasonably priced French wine selection. If you like fine dining while being on a deserted island, this is it.
We could go on and on, take a look at the online photos and that's exactly what it is!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meridian Club is a private island hideaway resort in the Turks & Caicos islands of the Caribbean, with two miles of deserted, pristine white-sand beach (just 90 minutes by air from Miami). The property is environmentally sensitive and ideal for those seeking an unspoiled secluded retreat. Founded in 1973, the Meridian Club offers a Caribbean experience the way it was before the appearance of big hotels and condominiums, jet skis and beach umbrella communities. No crowds, no cars, no noise - a step back in time to a simpler, less hectic life. 12 beachfront/premium rooms and the Sand Dollar Cottage are set among sand dunes, sea oats and sea grapes, fronting on the beach. Some of the privately owned homes that share the island are also available for rent. Soothing trade winds ensure comfortable temperatures and low humidity year round while the surrounding waters (averaging a pleasant 75° - 80° Fahrenheit) teem with marine life. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet and there are miles of coral gardens within a five minute boat ride. Ashore, Pine Cay remains a pristine natural haven, a private secluded island with vast open space and seven freshwater ponds, a perfect habitat for the abundant local fauna and flora. Winner of several awards from TripAdvisor, Andrew Harper, Caribbean Journal and Fodors honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Club Hotel Pine Cay
- Meridian Hotel Pine Cay
- The Meridian Club Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Pine Cay