“This place is the closest thing to perfection.”

COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Parrot Cay
GreenLeadersSilver level
“This place is the closest thing to perfection.”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Everything about Parrot Cay is excellent and perfect. The location is perfect. The staff is amazing. The food was amazing. The accommodations were heaven. As odd as this sounds, the resort had a wonderful scent that lingers and takes me back long after I had to leave. I loved it. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed September 2013
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you very much for this wonderful review, we are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Grant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband, 3 children and I have just come back from staying at Parrot Cay for a week in a 2 bedroom beach house. We had a lovely time, we were greeted as we came out from the airport by a lady who took us to our driver, we were then driven to the dock where we had a quick stop for drinks & bug spray before riding across to Parrot Cay in the dark.

When we arrived we were greeted by Teddy & Jonson, our butler, who drove us to our accommodation. We were very impressed with the beach house, we had chosen it as we felt it was sufficiently spacious for the 5 of us without being over the top. The location was wonderful, right at the end of the beach so very private. We could hear our next door neighbours (elderly Americans who seemed to shout all the time) but they only stayed a couple of nights.

The two bedrooms were identical; very spacious and understated, the large four poster beds were festooned with mosquito nets which we used each night. My son had a separate bed which did not have a mosquito net but he sprayed himself with bug spray & didn't get bitten after he started to do this. The bathrooms are very large with two basins & plenty of room in between for toiletries. There was plenty of hanging space in the wardrobe and a safe as well as little wicker baskets for underwear. The large chest of drawers in the bedroom itself meant we could put all our clothes away & we could also store our cases. We found having an extra shower room with a WC & washbasin very handy, one of our children made that their own.

The mini kitchen was very well equipped with a full size fridge, microwave, coffee machine, dishwasher, toaster, induction hob & kettle. We used the nespresso coffee machine but did not use the other appliances. On our first night we had dinner on our terrace which was an easy way to settle in & Jonson used the dishwasher for the cutlery & glasses.

We did not eat inside the house at all, we had one other night when we had dinner on the terrace and that was equally successful. As a mother I especially appreciated having the table laid by Jonson (who also ordered all the food) who tidied everything up afterwards.

The beach house pool was larger than we had anticipated and we spent most of our time at the house, making the most of the space & privacy. We did spray ourselves constantly with mosquito repellant and this is provided by the hotel & a problem for the entire Turks & Caicos, not just Parrot Cay (we had to spend a night at the Regent Palms on the way home & were bitten there too). We liked the oversized sofas & armchairs.

During our stay we had breakfast each morning at the Terrace Restaurant, we liked having the choice of pastries and fruit. It also gave us a little extra exercise. I can recommend the citrus & mint salad & sweetcorn hotcakes with smoked salmon from the Shambhala breakfast menu. Waffles were not available at all during our stay, apparently the machine is broken. They have little chocolate chip muffins on the breakfast buffet which were addictive. Our children loved the little doughnuts too. Each day we had lunch at Lotus, enjoying different salads, sandwiches and dishes as our moods changed. I especially liked the Caribbean Caesar salad, lobster & mango roll & crab tostadas. My teenage son had the jerk chicken wrap 5 times, he liked it so much.

We preferred to eat dinner at Lotus, the restaurant up from the beach as we like to eat Asian food. The menu changed during the week and we also had the Caribbean BBQ on Saturday night. The pork potstickers were exceptional as were the pork & shrimp dimsum. The banana fritters with banana ice-cream & caramel sauce were delicious at dinner & my children loved the brownies with ice-cream, one day my teenage daughter had them at both main meals. Jonson drove us back from dinner each night & also picked up our children before dinner as they didn't want to join us for cocktails.

Each night we had cocktails at the bar by the pool. The lady who works at the bar was the best cocktail maker, her drinks were colder than the other barstaffs'. The bar snacks were very tasty.

We played tennis twice during our stay, it was a bit hot whilst we were there to play in the middle of the day. We also used the cardio equipment at the gym. We did not take any excursions or use the spa at all. The windsurf equipment is rather old, there are lots of boards but only two sails, one of which has a hole in it. During our stay the resort received new Hobie Cat sails. We borrowed bicycles and found that they were in poor condition but we did manage to find 4 which were suitable (there were two XXL bikes in good shape but I am not tall enough to ride one). There was no charge for tennis or bicycles. We also played pool & table tennis up at the main hotel. I only had tea once as I didn't need any extra food, lots of cookies & scones, I didn't see any cakes or sandwiches.

On our last afternoon we had the use of a one bedroom beach villa (these are semi-detached). This had a plunge pool & screened outside area, I think all the beach villas have screened porches. It would have slept a family of four comfortably.

Overall it was a lovely holiday, I slept very well and caught up on my reading, using the library. There were a few other teenagers while we were there but not many & they didn't meet up with my teens.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 5 series had a good view (I looked at the buildings). The two bedroom beach houses a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank fiflippy68
Thank you very much for your kind and informative review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you managed to experiance all that we have to offer.

The good news is that our new bikes have arrived.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We cut short our stay at Parrot Cay - in under 24 hours. Such a disappointment as we had been looking forward to a quiet and relaxing vacation. The key problem being the accommodation - other reviews have described it as outdated, I would go several steps further to say it is grotty and equivalent to a 3-star hotel in the US. I would like to highlight the following issues:

- we were left waiting at the airport. There was no representative to greet us and the other guests arriving on our flight. Greeters from another hotel had to call a representative from Parrot Cay, who arrived some time later.
- upon arrival we were escorted to our room, an ocean view room. It was very small, dirty, grotty, dated furniture, stained towels and sheets. Worst of all was the bathroom - chipped tiles in the shower, no door on the very small shower. Generally dirty, aged and completely unacceptable. We requested another room immediately. In fairness we were moved immediately to a COMO suite. Although much larger the underlying quality of the room, especially the bathroom and furnishings, were unacceptable. Please note the cleanliness is not an issue re housekeeping but more the dated rooms and furnishings. We could not settle in the room and complained to the manager.
- The response of the manager was exceptional - he handled our complaint quickly and attempted to do everything he could to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, despite his best efforts, there were no suitable rooms available (all the villas were occupied).
- towels at the pool were old, ripped and stained.
- the food was very expensive for average quality.

It appears that the hotel is currently under renovation and the villas have been the priority. While it is appreciated that this takes time the main block of the building is at an unacceptable level for a hotel of this co-called standing. This is such a disappointment as the location and beach are fabulous - exactly what we were looking for, being very quiet and relaxed. However, there are a number of quality resorts nearby at a similar price point so we decided to move immediately.

I would like to thank the staff and management team for their positive reaction to our compliant and am very grateful to them for refunding the deposit we paid when making our initial reservation. In addition the restaurant and breakfast staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Such a lot of potential but significant investment required to some fundamental aspects of this resort. Please see some of my reviews of other properties (e.g. 4 Seasons, Viceroy in Anguilla) which are the standard that Parrot Cay should aspire to achieve.

One final point - a very small section of staff had an attitude that only people staying in the villas mattered. I appreciate that the villas are more expensive and profitable for the resort however the other rooms are not priced as bargain discounts and all guests should be treated with the same respect. This aspect was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Only stay in a Villa/beachfront property until the hotel is renovated.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank IanCrab
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your comments, all feedback is greatly appreciated, the decor of our rooms is clearly not to your taste. I am dissapointed that you felt discriminated against because you had not booked accomodation on the beach, this is certainly not something we do, and is in fact the first time I have recieved this feedback, I will certainly address it with the team.We hope that you enjoy the rest of your vacation on the main island.

Teddy mentioned to me that you would like to come back to experiance our beach accomodation, as we were not able to upgrade you on this stay, please contact either Teddy or myself, should you wish us to arrange this.

Uxbridge, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at Parrot Cay for 4 days for our honeymood. After arriving at the provo airport, the hotel picks you up and drops you off at the boat to begin the lovely journey to this private island. Arriving is effortless, and to be greated at the hotel with a cold towel and cold champagne is wonderful. The staff are all great and cannot be more helpful and gracious.
The rooms are large and bright with big balconies to lounge on, over looking the turquoise ocean. Beach is beautiful, restaurants great and good spa. Bathrobes were so soft and comfy, I had to buy one! This is not a party place, by any means, very quiet, and zen like. A good place to just relax and regroup. Absolutely, worth treating yourself.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gillandjp
Thank you so much.

i am so pleased that you enjoyed your very special occasion with us, we all hope to see you back very soon.

Grant.
new york
Reviewed 23 October 2013

As a world traveler and resort vacation expert I can honestly say that my 4 day romantic vacation at Parrot Cay was over the top in every way. The service is excellent from the moment you get off the plane to the time you sink into your soft bed, The facility is amazing. The food is terrific. The staff is extremely attentive and calls to make sure you are happy. We took a snorkeling trip and caught lobsters and the staff was with us in the water all the time. The rooms are very clean, the pool is wonderful and if you want a special place to go this is it.

Room Tip: we were upgraded to suite 1007 which is a 2 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank golftravelmaniac
Thank you so much for your very kind review, I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We returned from our honeymoon from Parrot Cay 2 weeks ago, and we are still talking about the amazing experience we had. We are already plotting to go back next year for our anniversary.

From the moment we got our luggage until we had to leave, everything was taken care of for us. We want to thank Grant and the wonderful, attentive staff for making this a vacation we will never forget. I cannot express in words my gratitude for the experience you gave us!

We never did yoga at home, but we were up every morning to participate. Josephine was amazing and always made us feel comfortable. It was a great way to start the day.

We can only say positive things. If you truly want to relax and disconnect, this is the perfect place. We were there for 5 days, and by day 2, we felt like we had been there for weeks. We had never felt more relaxed. The food was amazing. If there was something you needed, they went out of their way to accommodate you. Thanks Restu!!!

The beach and water is gorgeous. It was great having access to the paddle boards to explore the water. Great Beach service! Thanks Manville!

Massages are a must!

When we left the resort to spend time on Provo for a few days, I was in tears. I regretted that we didn't stay longer. I have been to a lot of places in the Caribbean, and this by far is my favorite. It is a place we will return to for many years.

Hope to see you next year!

Kind regards,
Julie & Kevin

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julie B
Dear Julie and Kevin

Than you so much for your kind words, it was a pleasure to meet you and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the special occasion, and that we exceeded your expectations.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

London
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We've been back from this place for about a week now and I've not quite come to terms with it.

The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is that we didn't see one parrot. That's it. Everything else, from the white sands; the boatride over there where you just feel your stresses draining away; the clean white spacious rooms; the amazing service - half of the staff are asian (Como Shambhala own and run the place) and the other half local, and all of them are kind and smiling; the delicious food - particularly the asian Lotus restaurant; the heavenly spa, where even if you are not having a treatment you can just have a steam and sit in the outdoor jacuzzi sipping ginger tea watching the stunning view of the other side of the island; everything else was just perfect. Oh, and the sunsets are sensational.

Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fetska
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
LOL, we are both in the same boat, I have not seen one in 3 years. The origional name of the Island was Pirate Cay, due to this being the home of some very famous pirates at the turn of the last century, many years ago the name was changed to Parrot Cay.

Despite that I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parrot Cay
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#8 of 45 in Providenciales

Been to COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos? Share your experiences!