“The most memorable family vacation ever!”

COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Parrot Cay
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“The most memorable family vacation ever!”
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I had been to Parrot Cay before to take advantage of their amazing COMO Shambhala spa retreat and fell in love with the island. Prior to my first visit I did not realize that the Resort had villas that could accommodate families so on my return home my husband and I decided this would be the spot for our next family vacation.

From the moment we cleared customs & immigration there was a Parrot Cay representative to meet us and took care of all the nagging details of carting baggage. We had a quick car ride to their private dock then on to the speed boat for our 35 minute speed ride to the island. My girls loved this as they felt like adventurers heading off to their own Robinson Crusoe get-a-way.

We had a one bedroom beach villa which offered complete privacy for the kids to run around and play without any thought to disturbing neighboring guests. We had a plunge pool and then our own private pathway to the beach! In the morning the family would walk along the beach in our PJs soaking up the Caribbean warmth and playing cast away. For the frazzled working parents it was the perfect opportunity to disconnect from the world and reconnect with our family.

It’s a great place for kids without being too kiddie. Children are so welcomed (it’s not just a honeymoon destination) but there is no screaming kids clubs etc. The Resort did provide for tailor made kids activities program, but we passed on this as we wanted and needed some great bonding time with our girls.

My girls loved the main infinity pool and we spent all our mornings there. We would then have lunch at the delicious poolside restaurant, then head down to the beach. We kayaked, built sand castles or gathered sea shells.

What made this vacation so great was that Parrot Cay offered everything for all of us. My 6 and 3 year girls loved the sun, pool and beach and were so entertained and my husband and I got to do some great quality bonding with them. The adults had individual time as we escaped to our spa treatments, and we were also able to have wonderful romantic couple time. Parrot Cay gave us the ultimate family vacation; the resort, the food, the service, the room, the atmosphere, Parrot Cay lived up to its billing… paradise!

Because I had such a great time at Parrot Cay, I chose their sister properties for my girlfriend Asia trip.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
London
Reviewed 20 July 2009

This is long overdue, but better late than never.
I was in the US for a 2 week business trip and had a 3 day weekend free in the middle of it. The weather in London was dismal and I convinced my partner to meet me in NY...but the weather wasn't much better there. So I asked around and we looked online and found a great deal at Parrot Cay - what could be better than a luxurious private island in the Carribean?
An early morning flight from NYC got us in just after lunch on Friday. The seamless transfer from the airport to the dock, boarding the boat and then 35minutes to the island was the perfect arrival experience...it was a bit mysterious as we didn't know what really awaited as we cruised by Island after island.
We were greated on arrival by the GM and team, brought to reception where we sat on comfy sofas, enjoyed a welcome cocktail and caught a glimpse of the resort and turquoise blue ocean from the balcony.
We were then escorted to our Ocean view room, which I initially thought were quite "simple" in style...but the more we looked around and as we settled in, it was just perfect....nothing over the top, just comfortable, simple and elegant. The day bed on our balcony was the perfect seating area. The interior room lacked some comfortable seating space, but I hear that is being addressed.
Beach - what can I say, perfect! You feel like you are on a deserted Island as there is so much space....even with a full resort you never felt crowded.
In our 3 short days we enjoyed the COMO Shambhala spa...which I have to say I had one of the best massages ever! We also took part in the early morning yoga sessions on the beach (free of charge for everyone), walked along the beach, enjoyed the pool and even did a short snorkeling excursion, but I have to say one of the best parts, which we didn't expect, was the food! We ate at both Lotus and the Terrace and our meals were just amazing - the setting, the service, the flavours - divine! I have to say I am quite partial to their COMO Shambhala spa cuisine...so much so that I was planning what I would eat for each meal. Very creative team!
So overall, our short 3 night excusion felt like a week of heaven...sadly for me it was back to work and travel for another week. We still rave about our experience and will definitely be back....first I hear COMO have a few other hotels/resorts worth checking out!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 19 July 2009

We went to Parrot Cay for 4 days for our honeymoon after 4 hectic days in NYC.
It was the perfect place to unwind.

The beach is stunning and so is the pool area. I've never seen sea that colour before - it was so turquoise.

The spa was really amazing - I would have loved a treatment everyday but it was a bit out of our budget - but I had one and it was divine.

We have special dietary requirements and they went out of their way to accomodate us which we really hadn't expected.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed 18 July 2009

This was a trip of a lifetime. Everything was top notch about this resort. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Managment was great. The spa was incredible. Beach and pool were beautiful and the view from room 404 was spectacular. Would highly recommnend this resort(if you can afford it)!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
switzerland
Reviewed 4 July 2009

From the moment you arrive,you feel like you have booked the best vacation ever.
Great welcome at the dock,smiles everywhere and a very relaxed atmosphere all around you.
The rooms are comfortable,with a very soft bed to cradle into,and very zeng-like.
very clean,and even if we had a garden view room,we could see a bit of the ocean.
The beach attendants are very helpful and discreet ( like all the personnel ) and drinking water is always available.
Yes food is a little expensive,but I found the same prices in New York or in Costa Smeralda...
Great Spa and spa treatements too.
It is definitely a place I would strongly recommend to those who are looking for relaxation,simple life,great beaches and great food.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2009

The Good:

The beach is white sand and turquoise water.
The infinity pool is the most breath taking one I have seen and looks out to the beach. There are always lounge chairs available.
The yoga room and spa are gorgeous!
Como Shambala shampoos and conditioner amenities are wonderful.
This place is paradise!

The Bad:

Expensive food and drink! $30 a burger expensive!!
We had the standard room (for over $700 a night!) and it was in need of updating and quite far from the beach. I would imaging the more expensive rooms and villas are incredible!

The truth is this resort was a bit of a reach for us financially and so the cost of the food and the modest state of the standard room made us feel like we did not get good value for the money. However, if money is not a factor and you can have a room closer to the beach and not flinch at an expensive hamburger than you have found paradise.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2009

I could not wait to get back home to worite this review. This is the ultimate in food service and accomodation. We ar so pleased with the room, staff, food and overall service that they will have to drag us from this resort in a few days. The beach is pristine, the food delicious and all staff are eager to please. This is a definit keeper.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple